Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:29 AM

Re: Violent 7 year old

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I guess you guys trust reporters more than I do.
Personally I believe them enough to discuss the stories but I wouldn't send anyone to prison on their say so.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:30 AM

Yes I think that's about right Julie
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Personally I believe them enough to discuss the stories but I wouldn't send anyone to prison on their say so.
I think I get the picture. People feel the need to discuss things.
I'm glad you're not sending anyone to prison when there's doubt, Jules.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 04:57 PM

Being a ex Approved School boy from Dec 62 to Dec 66 I can say its more than likely down to bad parenting and bullying.
But I admit not all are.
I was found one evening walking down the local High Street smashing all the shop windows with a hammer at the age of 9 after several earlier court appearances for similar things and living rough out in the local Cleveland Hills.
No one would listen to me I needed change so I decided what the hell.
It took them along time afterwards to calm me down and start trusting me not to runaway and me them..
It is a pity that there are not any Approved Schools about anymore to send these kids to and rebuild their lives to be better kids.
Some of the teachers were great at these schools although I have read a few stories about the schools I was sent to and it seems that a few kids were apparently abused (so they say) perhaps I was one of the lucky ones. I did get quite a few beating but looking back it was deserved and I would be the last one to moan about it. Call it a learning curve.

I know I was very healthy and got great grades when I came out and did a year at the local Comprehensive enough to show promise to go onto college. But that decision was not in my hands but my parents and I lost out hence why I went back to being a bad lad again for a number of years.
I became a regular in the Teesside nick for a while but they could never prove anything.
Which by this time I had some nice moves and friends and sorted out my own battles.

So Approved Schools yes more please to save these kids.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 05:01 PM

How do we know the report is true? He may have had other reason or reasons to bring a screwdriver to school.
Some people never allow the truth to get in the way of a good story !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Being a ex Approved School boy from Dec 62 to Dec 66 I can say its more than likely down to bad parenting and bullying.
But I admit not all are.
I was found one evening walking down the local High Street smashing all the shop windows with a hammer at the age of 9 after several earlier court appearances for similar things and living rough out in the local Cleveland Hills.
It took them along time afterwards to calm me down and start trusting me not to runaway and me them..
It is a pity that there are not any Approved Schools about anymore to send these kids to and rebuild their lives to be better kids.
Some of the teachers were great at these schools although I have read a few stories about the schools I was sent to and it seems that a few kids were apparently abused (so they say) perhaps I was one of the lucky ones. I did get quite a few beating but looking back it was deserved and I would be the last one to moan about it. Call it a learning curve.

I know I was very healthy and got great grades when I came out and did a year at the local Comprehensive enough to show promise to go onto college. But that decision was not in my hands but my parents and I lost out hence why I went back to being a bad lad again for a number of years.
I became a regular in the Teesside nick for a while but they could never prove anything.
Which by this time I had some nice moves and friends and sorted out my own battles.

That's interesting we certainly aren't doing our best at the moment so you may well be right another way is needed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 06:34 PM

How do we know the report is true? He may have had other reason or reasons to bring a screwdriver to school.

No Plops, I'm afraid not. I haven't got the actual article anymore, but I seem to remember it said the lad had an argument with another child the day before, and had taken the screwdriver in deliberately to stab him.
I believe they caught him in the playground, but can't remember it word for word now.

There you go, found this link about it:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...he_playground/
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
But I admit not all are.

I think you are very brave to tell us your story Longfellow. I hope the little boy gets the help he needs.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 07:29 PM

A very scary situation

Knowing the system as it is today Mups he will be given a councillor and a probation officer.
The kid will not have the slightest idea what is going on and if his parents are bad eggs and don't guide or love their kid then he may well be a mass murderer by 12yrs of age if not sooner.
longfellow
Chatterbox

23-03-2017, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think you are very brave to tell us your story Longfellow. I hope the little boy gets the help he needs.
I guess because I am incognito Summer it is easy to tell folk that the system did work for me and not worry about how people would think of me.

He certainly seems to be screaming out for help that is a fact.
Heres hoping that he gets a good guidance councillor and the right people around him to help him get back on track again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top