Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 01:07 PM

Re: Were you bullied at school?

There really wasn't much bullying at my school .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 03:22 PM

The only time I was bullied was by a teacher.
I got a spelling wrong and in her anger she hit me and knocked me on the floor banging my head on the iron leg of her table.

She dragged me up - said 'Sorry I didn't mean to knock you down' sat me back in my chair and no more was said about it. I don't even think I told my parents.

I was 7 years old at the time. The word I couldn't spell was 'they'. I spelled it 'thay'

I was terrified of that teacher and dreaded her classes.

I never experienced any bullying from my fellow pupils - just the odd spats which usually sorted themselves out.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 03:31 PM

I was bullied a bit during the first month or so at Secondary School, but then I discovered Rugby which gave me so much confidence that I wasn't scared of anyone (even people I should have been scared of - I lost a lot of fights that I probably should have avoided).
I was one of the smallest boys in my class for the first two years (with the biggest mouth no doubt), but it helped when I grew three inches in the summer holidays before I started the third year.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 03:34 PM

Your thread made me cringe with shame when I recall my teenage years at school. I was never bullied at school as I was fortunate to belong to a large family of desirable males who were at at the same Catholic school so was very popular thank goodness.

I couldn’t abide bullies though. I can’t help remembering when I was about fifteen and there was one girl who took a dislike to me. She was from another school and went to the same youth club every evening.(I think it was because the boy she had her eye on ,was interested in me) She was known as being rather a bully and I have to admit I was quite scared as she had long fingernails and all I could think of was the damage she could do to my face if she had a go at me. I was so worried because I had heard that she was out to get me that I told two of my brothers of my fears, One of them said, “Look, don’t go getting into trouble! (he had to be kidding!!!) just ignore her, don’t make eye contact with her, you’ve not been brought up to be brawling, it’s only scags who do that…...but …..if she comes over and starts to threaten you and looks as if she is going to hit you, face up to her, don’t turn away as that will give her the opportunity to grab your hair and have you at a disadvantage. I’ll show you what to do but only if you are absolutely sure she is leaning in to smack you. I waited with bated breath for his words of wisdom only to hear the following: You drop the nut on her!!” What? Are you mad?” I said to him. “No, I’m not” he said, “if you are sure she is about to hit you, just aim your forehead against the top of her nose and she will wonder what hit her” “Thanks for that” I said, as if I would ever lower myself, or even have the courage, to do such a thing.

Well the next evening, after school and as usual, gulping down dinner, my two friends called for me to go to the youth club (open 6pm until 9pm - 7 days a week). Great music from the duke-box, but my heart was in my mouth with fear because I had received a message via one of my friends from this girl telling me she was going to sort me out if I showed my face at the youth club. Now don’t get me wrong, I was well able to look after myself verbally being the only girl with six brothers, but I had been raised as a “ladeeeee” and very protected, so I was really scared of the coming confrontation with this girl (and her long nails).

I walked into the club with my friends and spied her standing over in a corner with five or six of her friends. Oh Oh! I thought, she was staring straight at me with a really dirty look. “Just ignore her” my friends said as we walked up to the counter to buy our bottles of Fanta Orange and Coca Cola. But no……. The moment we went to a table and before I could even sit down, over she came, followed by her friends. (I noticed my brother over at the other end of a room making head movements to tell me what to do). But I just seemed to be frozen with fear. She said “You were told not to come here, what are you doing here?” I replied “ this is my club as well, I can come whenever I want to”
(all this time, My mouth was so dry with fear, I actually felt faint!”.) She then said, with encouragement from her friends, “you were warned, now you are going to get it” and she brought her face right up to mine.

Don’t ask me how or why, but the first thing I did was remember what my flippin brother told me to do and I pushed my head back and brought it forward again and hit her square at the top of her nose!! God, I must have done it wrong because it hurt my forehead like hell!
It certainly worked though because there was blood spurting out of her nose and she looked absolutely shocked! I just stood there unbelieving that I had done such a thing and pretending not to notice or trying not to cry because my forehead really hurt!!
But it worked! It really worked! She walked outside with her friends, holding a hanky to her nose to stop the bleeding. All I could do was sit down, ignore the laughter of my two friends and look over at my brother, who had a silly grin on his face. I can’t describe the feeling I had, it was one of relief, pain,triumph but utter, utter shame too, To think that anyone had seen me do such a thing was really dreadful.
(and I had a dreadful bruise on my forehead for my sin!)

She never picked on me ever again, In fact, she became quite friendly after that.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I was bullied a bit during the first month or so at Secondary School, but then I discovered Rugby which gave me so much confidence that I wasn't scared of anyone (even people I should have been scared of - I lost a lot of fights that I probably should have avoided).
I was one of the smallest boys in my class for the first two years (with the biggest mouth no doubt), but it helped when I grew three inches in the summer holidays before I started the third year.
I know what you mean.....I have a drawer full of Silver Medals
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 03:35 PM

When I first started at the school in 1954 it was an elementary school taking pupils from 4 to 14, the school day was 9am-4pm for all. If a child wasn't very bright they were kept in the 'baby' class. It was quite frightening sitting next to a large 14 year old when you are only 4! One of the male teachers, who also owned a vinery, (tomatoes not wine) would set us work, and then go off and attend to his tomatoes leaving his class to get on with it. When he came back, woe betide us if we had messed around in his absence! His way of punishing senior male pupils, who misbehaved, was to take them out into the playground and have a fist fight with them. He always won being tall, and a* PE instructor in the army during WW2! It seems really hard to believe, looking back on it all these years later!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 03:47 PM

I am astounded! At my primary school the only people who were considered bullies were those who occasionally pulled your hair or called you names, and you were expected to learn how to deal with it. The only people who weren't my friends were those who were a bit jealous because I was teachers pet.
At senior school we were all encouraged to be lady like and dignified. I am not saying we all really liked each other, but I certainly don't remember anything I would consider to be bullying, we just socialized with people we liked and let the others do likewise.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 04:23 PM

At 11 I was sent to the fee paying Ladies College, where I wasn't bullied at all. I was a bit miffed that I wasn't sent to its prep school at 8 like my younger sisters.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Your thread made me cringe with shame when I recall my teenage years at school. I was never bullied at school as I was fortunate to belong to a large family of desirable males who were at at the same Catholic school so was very popular thank goodness.

I couldn’t abide bullies though. I can’t help remembering when I was about fifteen and there was one girl who took a dislike to me. She was from another school and went to the same youth club every evening.(I think it was because the boy she had her eye on ,was interested in me) She was known as being rather a bully and I have to admit I was quite scared as she had long fingernails and all I could think of was the damage she could do to my face if she had a go at me. I was so worried because I had heard that she was out to get me that I told two of my brothers of my fears, One of them said, “Look, don’t go getting into trouble! (he had to be kidding!!!) just ignore her, don’t make eye contact with her, you’ve not been brought up to be brawling, it’s only scags who do that…...but …..if she comes over and starts to threaten you and looks as if she is going to hit you, face up to her, don’t turn away as that will give her the opportunity to grab your hair and have you at a disadvantage. I’ll show you what to do but only if you are absolutely sure she is leaning in to smack you. I waited with bated breath for his words of wisdom only to hear the following: You drop the nut on her!!” What? Are you mad?” I said to him. “No, I’m not” he said, “if you are sure she is about to hit you, just aim your forehead against the top of her nose and she will wonder what hit her” “Thanks for that” I said, as if I would ever lower myself, or even have the courage, to do such a thing.

Well the next evening, after school and as usual, gulping down dinner, my two friends called for me to go to the youth club (open 6pm until 9pm - 7 days a week). Great music from the duke-box, but my heart was in my mouth with fear because I had received a message via one of my friends from this girl telling me she was going to sort me out if I showed my face at the youth club. Now don’t get me wrong, I was well able to look after myself verbally being the only girl with six brothers, but I had been raised as a “ladeeeee” and very protected, so I was really scared of the coming confrontation with this girl (and her long nails).

I walked into the club with my friends and spied her standing over in a corner with five or six of her friends. Oh Oh! I thought, she was staring straight at me with a really dirty look. “Just ignore her” my friends said as we walked up to the counter to buy our bottles of Fanta Orange and Coca Cola. But no……. The moment we went to a table and before I could even sit down, over she came, followed by her friends. (I noticed my brother over at the other end of a room making head movements to tell me what to do). But I just seemed to be frozen with fear. She said “You were told not to come here, what are you doing here?” I replied “ this is my club as well, I can come whenever I want to”
(all this time, My mouth was so dry with fear, I actually felt faint!”.) She then said, with encouragement from her friends, “you were warned, now you are going to get it” and she brought her face right up to mine.

Don’t ask me how or why, but the first thing I did was remember what my flippin brother told me to do and I pushed my head back and brought it forward again and hit her square at the top of her nose!! God, I must have done it wrong because it hurt my forehead like hell!
It certainly worked though because there was blood spurting out of her nose and she looked absolutely shocked! I just stood there unbelieving that I had done such a thing and pretending not to notice or trying not to cry because my forehead really hurt!!
But it worked! It really worked! She walked outside with her friends, holding a hanky to her nose to stop the bleeding. All I could do was sit down, ignore the laughter of my two friends and look over at my brother, who had a silly grin on his face. I can’t describe the feeling I had, it was one of relief, pain,triumph but utter, utter shame too, To think that anyone had seen me do such a thing was really dreadful.
(and I had a dreadful bruise on my forehead for my sin!)

She never picked on me ever again, In fact, she became quite friendly after that.
Remind me never to upset you
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 04:27 PM

Just thinking the same thing

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top