Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 04:30 PM

Re: Were you bullied at school?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am astounded! At my primary school the only people who were considered bullies were those who occasionally pulled your hair or called you names, and you were expected to learn how to deal with it. The only people who weren't my friends were those who were a bit jealous because I was teachers pet.
At senior school we were all encouraged to be lady like and dignified. I am not saying we all really liked each other, but I certainly don't remember anything I would consider to be bullying, we just socialized with people we liked and let the others do likewise.
Me too Twink
Looking back most of the people in my class were very nice there was no bullying as such .
I don't know about the rest of the school but discipline was fairly strict.
I was the art teachers pet he was a lovely chap gentle with the girls but a bit of a martinet with the boys .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 04:45 PM

Julie and Muddy, Don't say that! That incident was the only time I ever got into a spat in my life! and I still colour with shame when I think about it.
I was just so frozen with fear when she put her face up to mine. I know I should have turned and walked away but I wasn't thinking straight. I just knew I had to stop her breathing into my face and subsequent slap or nail scrape! that was obviously going to happen! I certainly wasn't thinking straight for doing the most unladylike and completely out of character thing that I did. I felt thoroughly ashamed of myself after, honestly, and if my mum and dad had heard anything about it, I would have had a lifetime ban from ever going to the club again!

I think I found out just how someone must feel when they are trapped by a predator and will do anything, anything to escape.

Funnily enough, no-one ever mentioned it again much to my relief.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 04:52 PM

Julie, Muddy, Don't say that! That was the one and only splat I ever got into in my life! I still colour with shame and embarrassment when I think about it.
Thank the good Lord my mum and dad never found out about it or I would have had a lifetime ban from ever going to the club again.

Thankfully, apart from a nose-bleed, my bully was fine the following evening, whereas I had a bruise on my forehead as big as a grape! but although I will always be ashamed of such unladylike and completely out of character action, at the time I thought it was worth the pain just to stop her bullying me!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

23-03-2017, 04:54 PM

Sorry, for some reason that post was printed out twice!

Gremlins at work!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 04:55 PM

Our place was a tough one, I worked out, if you joined a gang with the right credentials, you were given a wide berth, still, more Teacher bullying seemed to go on, rather than pupil to pupil.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Julie, Muddy, Don't say that! That was the one and only splat I ever got into in my life! I still colour with shame and embarrassment when I think about it.
Thank the good Lord my mum and dad never found out about it or I would have had a lifetime ban from ever going to the club again.

Thankfully, apart from a nose-bleed, my bully was fine the following evening, whereas I had a bruise on my forehead as big as a grape! but although I will always be ashamed of such unladylike and completely out of character action, at the time I thought it was worth the pain just to stop her bullying me!

You probably actually did the right thing at the time, may have saved her from going in to be a bigger bully, sadly Turing other cheek to bullies seems to encourage them. I'm a pacifist so have turned other cheek but that seemed to make the situation worse.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 05:03 PM

My sister who is three years younger than me, was never bullied. In fact when she started school at four, she went up to a girl who was being nasty to me and told them to leave me alone or she would hit them! I was never bullied in her presence!
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 06:12 PM

I was badly bullied at school, but to make matters worse I was then bullied at home from my father.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
I was badly bullied at school, but to make matters worse I was then bullied at home from my father.
How awful.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 06:32 PM

I can't recall any bullying at my schools from children ot teachers, I must have been lucky

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top