Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:32 AM

Re: Good morning Friday

Good morning all.
I'm off to collect Josh for the day.

I hope it stays fine so we can go on the park.

Have a good day all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning fellow members not a good start, I took Cloe out and noticed crows around a dead ewe and one miserable little lamb curled up by his mother
I ran back (tottered more like) and rang the farmer, he hasn't been yet and if he doesn't come soon I am going to take a dog coat and put it on the lamb poor thing.

On a brighter note, my new laptop arrived yesterday and I got it up and running with internet and email without my sons help he is moving house today . I just need to add the printer now and transfer a few things.

Enjoy your day everyone

Was the lamb a new born Meg? It made me wonder if the ewe died because she had a second lamb stuck?
Looks like you might have a new little friend to bottle?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:42 AM

Good morning folks.
Cloudy, but bits of blue sky as well, so that's encouraging.

Off to a yoga course in a mo, then this afternoon I've got to stay in because those wretched surveyors are coming to take subsidence measurement again.

See yer later.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Was the lamb a new born Meg? It made me wonder if the ewe died because she had a second lamb stuck?
Looks like you might have a new little friend to bottle?
Hi Mups it looked like it to me, the ewe was bloody around the back end and her belly looked big still . I think it is one of the 'barren' ewes that the farmer missed and left in the field with the tups because the ewes lamb at the farm and are brought over daily. I could tell she had been there some time from the state of her .
The farmer came soon after I posted, hopefully the lamb is in a warm kitchen now
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 03:29 PM

Blimey, Meg...what would that farmer do without you? Well done for saving the lamb.

Been up to the High Street, paid in two divi cheques which I found, sent to me last May and August, totalling about £1.77! As I am preparing to gift the shares to a charity, thought I'd better get them into my account. the shares are only worth about £43, and had wondered how to get rid of them. Found this on FB.

Typed up the minutes of the last meeting, and sent them off for approval. Now might make a phone call.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-03-2017, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Mups it looked like it to me, the ewe was bloody around the back end and her belly looked big still . I think it is one of the 'barren' ewes that the farmer missed and left in the field with the tups because the ewes lamb at the farm and are brought over daily. I could tell she had been there some time from the state of her .
The farmer came soon after I posted, hopefully the lamb is in a warm kitchen now

Not your kitchen then?
That poor ewe. Good job you spotted the little orphan when you did.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top