Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:23 AM

Have you ever seen anyone you know on Google Maps?

A few years ago, before Google realise they should blank out the faces of the public, I zoomed in on my ex wife's parents' house to see if it had any changes made to it and there was my ex wife standing in the front garden looking directly at the camera car.

Has anyone else seen people they know?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:29 AM

Re: Have you ever seen anyone you know on Google Maps?

Yes, the first time I looked at our house on Google Maps I saw my next door neighbour with the lid of her black bin raised and putting rubbish in it

I definitely think they should blank out faces.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:31 AM

Yes my sons God father , not heard from him for twenty years ,he was doing a bit of gardening .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:32 AM

Longy, Although, you couldn't make us out in an aerial picture, my ex partner and myself with the dogs could be seen walking down our drive!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes, the first time I looked at our house on Google Maps I saw my next door neighbour with the lid of her black bin raised and putting rubbish in it

I definitely think they should blank out faces.
The current view of my house shows a traffic warden dishing out a ticket. They got that right.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 11:32 AM

Yes my DIL with a bunch of rhubarb which a neighbour was giving to her by the gate.
WE177B
London
WE177B is male  WE177B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 11:32 AM

I found my car with my wife and I in it, driving home after a pub lunch.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 11:41 AM

The saddest thing was when my son who lives in Australia came to visit me. He was showing me on Google Earth the house that he and his partner had bought near Sydney.
He zoomed right up to it, it was a lovely three storey house.
I was so happy for him, until he pointed at a window and said, 'That's my room'! Then l knew something was wrong.
They parted soon after!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The saddest thing was when my son who lives in Australia came to visit me. He was showing me on Google Earth the house that he and his partner had bought near Sydney.
He zoomed right up to it, it was a lovely three storey house.
I was so happy for him, until he pointed at a window and said, 'That's my room'! Then l knew something was wrong.
They parted soon after!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 12:08 PM

Looking at my mums house seeing my brother's car standing outside knowing he was dead and the car had been sold ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top