Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 12:12 PM

Re: Have you ever seen anyone you know on Google Maps?

Yes, my brother in law who lives in a tiny Dorset hamlet, and who just happened to be putting out his bin as the camera went past..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Looking at my mums house seeing my brother's car standing outside knowing he was dead and the car had been sold ...
That's sad. it must happen quite a bit because of views being out of date.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 12:14 PM

We showed the image of the MIL to her, standing at the bus stop, which has now been replaced with a newer image.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 04:13 PM

When the car came into our little estate, a neighbour was just going out with her children.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A few years ago, before Google realise they should blank out the faces of the public, I zoomed in on my ex wife's parents' house to see if it had any changes made to it and there was my ex wife standing in the front garden looking directly at the camera car.

Has anyone else seen people they know?
Yes a friends OH was mowing their front lawn. Mentioned it to my friend & she knew exactly when it was taken, as she usually mowed their lawns.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 08:46 PM

TWo people!

First was my older brother who is an incredibly private person and doesn't like people knowing his business. He lives in a very small village and there he is close up, leaving his car and walking into his house.

The second was my neighbours husband, up a ladder painting his window frames.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:59 PM

The first time I looked at my own house on GoogleMaps, I got a shock to see a strange man just walking out of my front door!
Then I moved the view round a bit and saw the carpet fitters van a bit further along the street - phew!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 11:09 PM

I am still standing in my front garden in Dorset. I moved away seven years ago. Very odd feeling.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 11:26 PM

Yes I saw the wife on the local maps twice in two different places, and guess what? She was yapping to other women both times. Didn’t deter her though she’s still yapping.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2017, 11:43 AM

Looked again at where my late Mothers bungalow was, we sold it after she died. It's still an old pic as her Swan planters are still each side of the front door. Looked at the date, it was taken in 2009. Obviously they don't up date Street View, the map view says this year, our house is the same original pic too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top