Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:06 PM

Re: Ancestral background

Some of mine are English but it seems most roads lead back to Ireland..
yani
yani is female 

02-01-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Problem is when you go back that far there is little left especially as they were farm hands so didn't read and write.
I understand...for years we thought my great grandmother was Native American. We did searches and for years nothing about her except she was found abandoned on the road as a child. Everyone thought she was Native American. Recently, a pic showed up of her, she didn't look Native American at all and my daughter had dna testing done and found out there was no Native American ancestry...we were disappointed after thinking for years that we were part Native American. Yet we are happy with who we are anyway.
yani
yani is female 

02-01-2016, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Some of mine are English but it seems most roads lead back to Ireland..
That's awesome....Ireland is so beautiful.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:28 PM

I'd be disappointed too Yani - re Native American link
I feel there was a link in a past life though
yani
yani is female 

02-01-2016, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'd be disappointed too Yani - re Native American link
I feel there was a link in a past life though
Same here, I still feel a connection to Native Americans like you do...we grew up with their culture, practically every town/city is named after Indian words, sayings, etc.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by yani ->
Same here, I still feel a connection to Native Americans like you do...we grew up with their culture, practically every town/city is named after Indian words, sayings, etc.

Yes - lucky you and rightly so
I have photos and books on the culture, I will have to settle for that
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 06:04 PM

My mum was adopted and there is no family history that side. My daughter researched my fathers maternal side and we haven't moved much more than 30 miles, we have of course but something always draws us back. on my fathers paternal side my daughter got as far as London but at that point in history the family was Jewish and we need access to the Synagogue records
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 06:07 PM

I have a medical condition known as Dupuytrens Contracture or Viking disease. It is peculiar to those of Viking ancestry apparently so I guess my ancestors came here to do a bit of pillaging a while ago!!!!
yani
yani is female 

02-01-2016, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
[/B]
Yes - lucky you and rightly so
I have photos and books on the culture, I will have to settle for that
Just like I have to settle reading about England, and other countries that fascinate me.
yani
yani is female 

02-01-2016, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
I have a medical condition known as Dupuytrens Contracture or Viking disease. It is peculiar to those of Viking ancestry apparently so I guess my ancestors came here to do a bit of pillaging a while ago!!!!
Well we have something in common, Hawkeye...Viking ancestry.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top