Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:51 AM

Re: Blackbird feeding one of his babies

I like that picture susie, looks like he's wondering who that is in the water.

Twinks, a nice thing to see, I love nature, brings a lot of simple joy doesn't it.

I feed 'my' wild birds daily too. I also put out the soft dog hair when I've clipped them and hope it will be help them find more nesting material.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:52 AM

Lovely photo Susie, aren't they a joy to watch?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 12:30 PM

I have stopped feeding for a little while because I saw a you-know-what appear from under the shed. I did put a humane trap down by the side and went out to find a tiny mouse in there who had taken the bait but not tripped the mechanism. He was so cute, just sat there looking up at me as if he was saying 'Please don't take me away'. So I just had to let him go, big softie that I am.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have stopped feeding for a little while because I saw a you-know-what appear from under the shed. I did put a humane trap down by the side and went out to find a tiny mouse in there who had taken the bait but not tripped the mechanism. He was so cute, just sat there looking up at me as if he was saying 'Please don't take me away'. So I just had to let him go, big softie that I am.
Dongle you are never further that 8 metres from a rat, whether you feed them or not but I am glad you let the little mouse go.

I spend most of my day looking out on the back garden and feed them every day but I have never seen a rat around the food. Mind you I do put cat food out for the foxes at night, so perhaps they come for that.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 02:02 PM

I recycle Coco's fur all year round in tubs, then in the Spring I put loads of it out in containers for the birds to use for their nests. This year has been good, most of the birds here has taken it.

We normally sit in the Conservatory in the afternoon in the summer months and watch the Sparrow bathing.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 10:18 PM

What a nice story, Twink. I am ever humbled by how dedicated and driven mother and father birds are to take care of their young.

It's even more amazing to me when you consider how tiny and uncomplicated their little brains appear, yet how they are so hard-wired to do what they need to do to care for their little ones.

What could these drives and instructions look like microscopically in and between neurons?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 10:35 PM

I would love to have seen that Twink, what a shame you didn't get a photo...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top