Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 02:34 PM

Re: Are we safer in the EU?

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Are we safer in the EU? was the question.

Without a doubt we ar not. At the moment any terrorist living in the EU can enter the UK without any question as is their right. Outside the EU it will be that much harder for them to enter
Not really we are definitely safer in the EU, do you think EU countries will care about holding back those they don't want there, to get here they go through border checks.
Do you think the French will be bothered about those camps across the water, of course they won't.
My daughter is a UK citizen and always has to show her passport to get into this country, in fact she travels around the EU a lot and HAS to show her passport when crossing a border.
When you go for a Spanish holiday you have to show your passport and the same for the Spanish coming here.
Stop listening to the lies the Brexit lot are putting out, I watched Gove on Marr and he lied through his teeth.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 02:48 PM

we left UK with a border check, Dover to Calais, crossed through France,Belgium, Netherlands into Germany and on the return journey again our passports only checked to get on/off ferry.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 03:09 PM

Hi

I am a total loss as to how to understand that we would be safer out of the EU.

Nothing will happen, nothing will change, the politicians will not suddenly become concerned about Border Security.

Simple fact of life, the vast majority of our Radical Muslims originate from outside the EU not from within the EU.

They are not subject to any EU Rules and we could stop them any time we wanted.

We don't.

Border Security is being cut yet again, not increased, it is, quite frankly, a joke at the present time.

Our choice, not the EU.

The Terrorist Attacks here have been carried out by our own, not anyone from the EU.

The EU would be better off with us out of it, we are a big exporter of terrorists

Our issues are entirely of our making, the politicians use the EU as a scapegoat.

Other EU Countries regularly deport criminals, economic migrants and illegals no problem at all.

France has deported 1000s of Roma because they considered them to be a risk.

They are currently evicting 300 a week.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expuls...le_from_France

In the link it shows how French Law is different to ours.

What do we do when we find illegals?

Release them on bail, to disappear again.

That is entirely our own decision, it is nothing to do with the EU at all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
That is entirely our own decision, it is nothing to do with the EU at all.
That's true. It's up to our own incompetent government(s) to protect our Countries, something they seem incapable of.

For me, it's about all the other utter rubbish that the EU comes up with that I will be voting to leave.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 03:22 PM

I believe that it is perfectly true that the EU benefits from us more than we benefit from it. Not just security information either: everything.

Of course, we could stay in as so many seem to prefer. We'll just have to wait until the whole thing collapses! A few more years, perhaps.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 03:40 PM

Hi

For the avoidance of doubt, I wasn't making a case for staying in the EU, merely pointing out that leaving is not going to make us more secure.

The security of our Borders and the way we deal with criminals and illegal migrants is entirely down to us.

We need to get a move on, unfortunately our Politicians seem to have their minds on other things.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

For the avoidance of doubt, I wasn't making a case for staying in the EU, merely pointing out that leaving is not going to make us more secure.

The security of our Borders and the way we deal with criminals and illegal migrants is entirely down to us.

We need to get a move on, unfortunately our Politicians seem to have their minds on other things.
I understood your post swim and I agree.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 06:03 PM

Longdogs said :------For me, it's about all the other utter rubbish that the EU comes up with that I will be voting to leave.

Please tell me what rubbish?
No one can tell us with any true facts.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-05-2016, 06:43 PM

Low wattage vacuum cleaners, straight croissants, straight cucumbers, ridiculous light bulbs etc etc.

It's not so much the rubbish they come up with as the fact that they have time and meetings to discuss these things.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

08-05-2016, 07:07 PM

You have really made me laugh now, most of our standards for food are governed by our own supermarkets, it is they that say what size and shape they want.

http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/...ths-a-z-index/

Rules on vacuum cleaners are as follows, it is more about energy saving and it was governments across the world said this should be to save the energy.

1) There is NO ban on vacuum cleaners that suck powerfully. The ban is on cleaners that use too much energy and/or are not energy efficient. The new rules include requirements for performance in picking up dust, on noise, on the amount of dust escaping from the cleaner (important for asthma sufferers) and on the durability of components.
2) It is perfectly possible to have high-performance vacuum cleaners which are energy efficient. As “Which?” magazine (see below) itself makes clear, some of the models on its best buy list already conform to the new rules.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top