Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
senile1
Virginia,USA
senile1 is male  senile1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 04:51 AM

Re: Are we safer in the EU?

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
The Sunday Times reports our spy chiefs saying "Leaving the EU puts our security at risk"

well, following the attacks in Paris and Brussels it appears that they were partially funded from foreign nationals who were living in the Birmingham area.
These individuals will have been allowed into the UK because they had dual nationality one of which was Belgium. therefor they could freely enter the UK.

Your point is a strong argument for leaving the EU, thus giving the UK the ability to closer scrutinize those entering the UK from Europe. My belief, the UK and EU will be dependent upon each other for security and commerce no matter which way the UK votes. The UK brings more to the EU than it receives in return, and because of the lack of scrutiny of those entering the UK with EU passports, probably a little less secure.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 06:22 AM

Hi

I find it amazing that there is so much false information being bandied about which gives a totally false picture.

There has not been a single terrorist attack here in the UK from an EU National.

The issue is completely the other way round.

The Paris Terrorist Cell came here for advice and funding, not the other way round.

Our Terrorists are of two varities.

Those born and bred here.

Those admitted to the UK from none EU Countries.

I will repeat myself once again.

Unless and until we get a grip we will continue to be in a mess, it has absolutely nothing to do with the EU at all.

We are unique in two respects.

We have an Immigration Policy which allows non English speaking family members, who have no job prospects access to the UK from one of the most Radical Muslim areas in the World.

We do not enforce International Law. When we find illegals here in the UK who have not immediately claimed Asylum on arrival, we do not detain and deport them, we just release them on Bail to disappear again.

That is just a complete nonsense and something that we could sort out in a couple of months.

It is absolutely nothing to do with the EU at all, no other Country in the EU does this.

There are many reasons for leaving the EU, this is not one of them.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If we did leave the EU, it wouldn't surprise me if our 'leaders' made us suffer the dire consequences as a punishment.
thats quite possible! you only had to watch Question Time a couple of weeks back with Paddy Ashdown saying in as much as You will will get what yo deserve if you leave.

but I'd just like to put a different slant on the "hardworking" Polish peeps across here.
My Son lost his job, he was 7 months out of work, he applied for anything going that he was capable of, he eventually got took on by an agency for two days a week (like he says it was better than nothing and he could still give me board money)anyway, these two days grew each week, and he had to travel from site to site if he wanted these extra days. he wasn't bothered, it was getting him extra money.(minimum wage)
However there are several "Foreigners" on the agency books too. whom my son met on different sites and had to work with. my son asked how many days they were working, a few told him that they WONT work no more than three days a week because it effects their benefits!
so not all Immigrants are hard working, and they have certainly got the benefits system worked out, how it will work for them!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
thats quite possible! you only had to watch Question Time a couple of weeks back with Paddy Ashdown saying in as much as You will will get what yo deserve if you leave.

but I'd just like to put a different slant on the "hardworking" Polish peeps across here.
My Son lost his job, he was 7 months out of work, he applied for anything going that he was capable of, he eventually got took on by an agency for two days a week (like he says it was better than nothing and he could still give me board money)anyway, these two days grew each week, and he had to travel from site to site if he wanted these extra days. he wasn't bothered, it was getting him extra money.(minimum wage)
However there are several "Foreigners" on the agency books too. whom my son met on different sites and had to work with. my son asked how many days they were working, a few told him that they WONT work no more than three days a week because it effects their benefits!
so not all Immigrants are hard working, and they have certainly got the benefits system worked out, how it will work for them!
That isnīt the fault of the EU Purdy, itīs the fault of the British system, which is unlikely to change whether you stay in or out.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 08:34 AM

I know its not the Eu fault Clumsy, I should have said it was in reply to Old grey Fox original post, on hardworking Polish plumbers. just wanted to say that they're not all hard working and have worked our benefits system out!

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top