Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 04:49 PM

Re: A Message To All Members Of The EU

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Great post ogf

Wonder where the idea the Eu has been only protection workers have had, I saw my holiday entitlement shrink, my job prospects disappear and my husband saw his hours shrink.

We now have to call for a man with a ladder to change a light bulb £79 whereas before we stood on tip toe and changed it for cost of the bulb. Oh and bulbs best not start me on them.
That wasn't the EU Julie, that was the Tory gov. and their austerity plans.
The light bulb is down to the health and safety board, not the EU.
I have posted this before but people don't seem to believe it.

http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/...ths-a-z-index/

I'm IN
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Are you assuming I'm a Stayiner? just for the record, from what I saw, the average Joe was complicit with some of the stuff above, it wasn't all one sided, as is anything.

No I'm not assuming you are a stay inner Spitty, but I was giving my take on your statement about the 'Outside Organisation' I did presume that you meant the EU.

Average Joe might have been complicit with some of the stuff above, but given the right conditions (money, power and the media which they finance) you can win any referendum you want. As Realspeed rightly comments, it will make no difference how you vote the end result will be the same.
saphire17
England
saphire17 is female  saphire17 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 05:43 PM

Very well said OGF would be good to see the great put back into Briton .
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
That wasn't the EU Julie, that was the Tory gov. and their austerity plans.
The light bulb is down to the health and safety board, not the EU.
I have posted this before but people don't seem to believe it.

http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/...ths-a-z-index/

I'm IN
This change was in response to a move by Brazil and Venezuela by the EU and the rest of the world and is being introduce by the majority of developed countries. It cannot be laid a the door of the Conservative government. It was brought in try to reduce power consumption thereby helping with of global warming.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 06:17 PM

Well i'm voting Leave, as Realspeed says, they will change the figures to In.

So how did England cope before the EU? we managed alright then.

Well said OGF.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 07:05 PM

With you all the way OGF as ever.

However, like Realpeed, I'm convinced the vote will be rigged in favour of staying in. The foreign mega-corporations own most of the assets and the services and real estate here and the government is in their pocket. With $billions at stake, there is no way they will allow us to come out of the EU. If you think it through rationally you can come only to that conclusion. So the only question is how will they rig the vote? (which will end up roughly 60-40 in favour of staying in)
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 07:31 PM

Well said Bob, and nice one.
Remember folks there is a live debate on ITV at 8.00PM for two hours about this subject.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 08:06 PM

Also tonight on Question Time, I think it's BBC1, Nigel Farage is answering questions at 10.45pm.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
So the only question is how will they rig the vote? (which will end up roughly 60-40 in favour of staying in)
I agree with the assertions that have been made that they will rig the vote to ensure we stay in because I know what they're like: completely untrustworthy.

However, I also cannot understand how they would go about doing this. Under our electoral system, each area holds its own count of votes and this is closely supervised, and then each local area announces its results publicly. Surely, in doing this the actual figures cannot be hidden, can they?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by saphire17 ->
Very well said OGF would be good to see the great put back into Briton .
I doubt that Britain can be called great these days Saphire. For one thing the Empire is gone and we are not a country rich in natural resources. Being in or out of the EU won't make any difference to the fact that we are now just a small fish in a big pond. There is safety in numbers, IMO and our future should be within the EU and even if we struggle and argue with each other, we must continue forward together. We cannot afford to be insular - getting out of the EU certainly won't make us great IMO. We must look at where our place/importance actually is in relation to all the other nations in the world.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top