Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:02 PM

Re: 11 Countries Already Queuing For UK Trade Deal

I posted about this positive banking news in another thread..
British banks could still thrive in Europe: Loophole may allow lenders to keep doing business with reforms set to be introduced by 2018
Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/m...#ixzz4D0Yu3S2e
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:11 PM

No "A la Carte" trading in Europe though, it seems
The EP meeting without UK representatives today hints at a ...
No freedom of trade without freedom of borders
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:28 PM

Hi

Forget the others, the first one we need is an agreement with India.

Cheaper ginger, keep Morti happy with her supply of Ginger Nuts.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
There was already discreet back tracking in some areas on tonight's Newsnight..
Is freedom of movement negotiable? "Everything is on the table" French Finance Minister negotiations#newsnight
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:33 PM

We will be less inclined to bend to the collective will of the EU if trade to other parts of the world take off. Such trade deals that can be created in much less time than the EU can manage will send a clear message to other EU countries that maybe life outside the EU can be good for them too. We have had the knee jerk rhetoric now lets see how things pan out from now on.

As for freedom of movement it will be even more important we don't allow it if our economy surges.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-06-2016, 11:36 PM

Nothing is set in stone even EU rules it seems...

The Single Market is at the heart of the European project, enabling people, services, goods and capital to move more freely, offering opportunities for European businesses and greater choice and lower prices for consumers. It enables citizens to travel, live, work or study wherever they wish.
But sometimes, these benefits do not materialise because Single Market rules are not known or implemented or they are undermined by other barriers. And in a rapidly changing environment, the Single Market needs to adapt to new ideas and business models.
http://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-ma...y/index_en.htm
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:37 PM

I hope so Meg but I'm not holding my breath
Airbus which is THE biggest employer in my North East county in Wales, are in discussions about withdrawal already
The repercussions of that are manifold in an already squeezed local economy

(keep to the facts Rhian, facts, no ranting. .)
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

29-06-2016, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Excellent news, and a very good reason that we should not be kow-towing to the EU in the hope of some trade concessions (with conditions, of course).

Let's hope our glorious leaders are aware of these offers. I'd be surprised if they're not, but then they have other interests, don't they?
What glorious leader are you referring to?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

29-06-2016, 11:56 PM

The Single Market is at the heart of the European project, enabling people, services, goods and capital to move more freely, offering opportunities for European businesses and greater choice and lower prices for consumers. It enables citizens to travel, live, work or study wherever they wish.
But sometimes, these benefits do not materialise because Single Market rules are not known or implemented or they are undermined by other barriers. And in a rapidly changing environment, the Single Market needs to adapt to new ideas and business models.
http

Whose quote is that Meg?
It doesn't say. .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-06-2016, 11:58 PM

I hope so Meg but I'm not holding my breath
Airbus which is THE biggest employer in my North East county in Wales, are in discussions about withdrawal already
The repercussions of that are manifold in an already squeezed local economy

(keep to the facts Rhian, facts, no ranting. .)
Early days Rhian I am amazed a company the size of Airbus would make such a decision so quickly based soley on the leave vote...

See this I just found
09:48, 29 JUN 2016

The anti-Brexit aerospace giant says 'Britain remains a member of our family'

Airbus has reassured the Broughton base of its operations that it is "indispensable" to the European aerospace industry.

The aerospace giant - which employs 6,000 people at the wing manufacturing plant in Broughton - had been quite vocal in their desire to see the UK remain in the EU prior to last Thursday's vote. And on Friday released a statement saying it was disappointed with the EU Referendum decision and would assess the competitive impact of the decision.

But the group has now given reassurances to the UK operations of Airbus.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/busines...opean-11539965

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top