Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:59 PM

Re: 11 Countries Already Queuing For UK Trade Deal

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
What glorious leader are you referring to?
Boris innit

Just a matter of time ...
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I posted about this positive banking news in another thread..

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/m...#ixzz4D0Yu3S2e
Why would two countries' financial systems not bound by EU laws be affected anyway?
Explain it to me if I'm being dense please
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 12:04 AM

I hope they are queuing in an orderly, not pushy manner like they do in foreign countries, that just wouldn't be playing the game. There are standards to uphold when it comes to standing in line in the correct manner. Baden Powell probably had something to say about this sort of thing in relation to foreign types and the Empire in 'scouting for boys.' Most likely in the 'beastliness' section.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Boris innit

At least he has stopped ruffling his hair constantly, in the bid to be taken more seriously...
Watch this space indeed
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Boris innit

Ah didn't know he was down there wid dem kids. Mus be de right wun den. The man wiv uh plan, for himself.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-06-2016, 12:09 AM

Keep torkin innit
Just arks im
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 12:13 AM

I want some entertainment not just boring old politic chat so Boris for me - or at least I want him to be the boss of the blue party that is . I think he would rise to the occasion and show his true colours ... one way or another.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 12:19 AM

Why would two countries' financial systems not bound by EU laws be affected anyway?
Explain it to me it I'm being dense please
I don't understand your question Rhian sorry

We have been hearing a lot about 'bank passporting' in the last few days and how essential it is and that it could be lost when we leave the EU.
I heard on the radio banking experts saying there are loopholes to get around passporting
This article is about the loopholes..

HOW THE LOOPHOLE WOULD WORK
THE simplest answer to the passport problem would be to remain in the single market.
This would allow passporting to continue unchanged and would mean the City emerged virtually unscathed.
It is something bankers are likely to lobby very hard for in the weeks and months ahead – but it would mean accepting free movement of labour, which is unlikely to be agreed.
More likely is the possibility that banks in London may use loopholes in EU rules to keep their passports.
Articles 46 and 47 of the Markets and Financial Instruments Regulation, and a reform called Mifid II, could all prove a window for banks to continue trading.
In essence, banks with a passport already may be able to keep it, even if the UK is outside the EU, provided the UK can prove it has a well-regulated environment – and the UK would almost certainly pass that test.
It is rules such as this that most banks will be clinging to,
rather than uproot their UK businesses.
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/m...uced-2018.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 12:32 AM

What glorious leader are you referring to?
Our government.

I'm sure you realise that my use of the word 'glorious' was entirely sarcastic.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 06:34 AM

Hi

We can piggy back on the EU Canada trade deal, that is nearing completion.

We were part of the negotiations, so know the pros and cons.

It took six years to negotiate, these things do not happen quickly, both sides need to protect themselves.

Any deal with the USA will be along the lines of TTIP.

TTIP is infinitely worse than the EU, it is not unelected bureaucrats making the decisions, nor the Courts, it is Tribunals consisting of representatives of big business.

One of the problems that we have here in the UK is that much of our information is controlled by the media, which is very biased one way or the other.

It is sometimes useful to see how outsiders view us.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/wo...=re-share&_r=0

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top