Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 07:52 AM

Re: Another mess up.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So the truth is out.

We cannot leave the EU after all.
Hi

Nope, we can leave.

The issue is this.

We cannot leave in the timescale that was promised by the Brexit campaign.

We cannot deliver on the lies told by Boris and Gove.

I am very sad we are leaving, so much lost.

I voted to leave, much against my kids wishes, but we had to.

I did not like the way things were going, we are not here to subsidise Germany and France.

We are not in the EU to be controlled by Juncker and his Luxembourg Tax Haven.

I have no issues at all with free movement, a great system for me , live where I want and make money out of it.

Money on which I pay UK Tax, which will now be lost to the UK.

We could have stayed in and reaped many benefits.

Successive Governments chose instead not to do so, but to give away money left , right and centre to the EU.

We chose to give away Child Benefits, we chose not to charge for the NHS, we chose not to alter our Benefits System to a what you get out is only what you have paid in.

We chose to not to hammer Germany and France for breaking EU Rules, as the second biggest contributor, we could have changed that.

We chose not to belt German Motor Companies for fiddling emissions .

We chose not to belt Luxembourg and Ireland for Tax Haven Status.

We could have been £7 Billion better off from the German car Companies and £23 Billion better off from Ireland and Luxembourg.

We chose not to, and we also chose, unlike Germany and France, to give away our Supreme Court Rulings to the ECJ

The simple fact of life is this.

We have messed up big time and it is now seriously going to hurt.

The Brexit people, Boris and Gove, in particular, simply cannot deliver on their promises.

Theresa May should have been honest with us, we can leave, but Cameron had no plans, we need to sort this first, other wise it will cost us a mint and we will all suffer.

She chose not to and invoked Article 50 18 months too early, a price all of us are going to pay through the nose.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 08:53 AM

Brexit campaign didn't set the time scale I seem to remember a certain EU leader saying it has to be completed by then, we are working to their time scale not ours. So it's IMO encumbered on them to make it work.

As for tm on holiday not the best time I grant you but I think she deserves one after the year she's had. And I doubt she's completely out of the loop with modern technology she could be running the show from any where.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 09:02 AM

The time scale is in the Article 50 rules which we knew about when we triggered it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The time scale is in the Article 50 rules which we knew about when we triggered it.
Exactly so brexiteers haven't set it at all. Blame us for many things but not that one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Exactly so brexiteers haven't set it at all. Blame us for many things but not that one.
I'm not so sure about that. The brexit movement knew that the rules said only two years so there should have been a plan for every part of the process years ahead a referendum. Like most things in the UK, there are people who drive things through and then become invisible when the mess created needs to be sorted out.

I understand from a journalist friend that this whole process was purely for profit of certain powerful individuals. There was a concerted social media effort to push it in the weeks before the vote. But once these invisible people made their millions the media push retracted and people are left wondering why it's now the opposite. Obviously there were people who really believed in the change, but they were not the main driving force.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 09:48 AM

Hi

What part of this do you not understand?

The UK signed up to this, a two year exit period.

They knew what we had to do within that timescale.

It is unachievable.

You state that we can collect all tariffs on March 2019.

The whole of the Government, including the most rabid Brexiteers, agree we cannot.

Pray, do, tell, how we can do this.

You are obviously more intelligent than the entire Government and every Civil Servant in the UK.

Whilst we are at it, please explain your economics.

The fact that we can massively increase the NMW to the extent that no benefits are payable for those in work without increasing prices.

No bugga else can.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-07-2017, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
You are obviously more intelligent than the entire Government and every Civil Servant in the UK.

Now that's an interesting comment! I wonder what IQ they would come up with if someone measured the collective intelligence of government organisations. I am guessing they would find a pretty average outcome rather than anything remarkable.... with lots of pockets of group-think and self-interest.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-07-2017, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What part of this do you not understand?

The UK signed up to this, a two year exit period.

They knew what we had to do within that timescale.

It is unachievable.

You state that we can collect all tariffs on March 2019.

The whole of the Government, including the most rabid Brexiteers, agree we cannot.

Pray, do, tell, how we can do this.

Whilst we are at it, please explain your economics.

The fact that we can massively increase the NMW to the extent that no benefits are payable for those in work without increasing prices.

No bugga else can.
I've never claimed to be cleverer than anyone in fact your post is insulting IMO

This forum is for opinions I'm allowed one just like you.

If it's only now fact based its no longer the place for me or many others.

You are obviously vastly more intelligent and clued up than most of us here.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

23-07-2017, 10:56 AM

I've never claimed to be cleverer than anyone in fact your post is insulting IMO

This forum is for opinions I'm allowed one just like you.

If it's only now fact based its no longer the place for me or many others.

You are obviously vastly more intelligent and clued up than most of us here.
Hi

Nope, not at all.

I do understand simple English however.

Article 50 allows for a two year exit period.

It is printed for all to see in very simple terms.

Two years, end of, we leave .

You have stated on this forum that we can collect tariffs on the day we leave, the entire Government is now saying we cannot.

Everybody is wrong except Julie.

I remain to be convinced.

If you can achieve that, the Government will chuck a couple of £million at you, it would save us a fortune.

Off you go, tell us how it can be done.

It has defeated everyone else.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 01:05 PM

Arguing the semantics now will make no difference to the fact that this country is up "shit creek" without a paddle.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top