Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 01:40 PM

Re: Another mess up.

I don't believe in can't we can do anything if the will is there.

We deal with other countries outside the European Union so the idea we can't collect taxes is not correct. If we don't collect that's because of incompetence and not having the will to even try.

Our great nation needs to sit up and do, not sit around moaning we can't like some over grown child.

If I believed in can't I'd be wheelchair bound or dead. I believe I can and I do.

To me life is simple as that.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We deal with other countries outside the European Union so the idea we can't collect taxes is not correct. If we don't collect that's because of incompetence and not having the will to even try.
It costs money to implement these changes and it costs money to organise people and systems to do this. It also costs money for people to negotiate all the changes with a myriad of agencies across the World. We have had massive cuts in the last few years and even if we organise new institutions to push all this through it will take more than two years to get them up and running. It would all have to be ratified by Government which takes forever. Nothing happens overnight in our country. For example the organisation implementing HS2 was first established in 2009. But it's taken years of government bills and legal challenges to get us to where we are now. They appear to be going through the tender process at the moment. It's been 8 years so far....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It costs money to implement these changes and it costs money to organise people and systems to do this. It also costs money for people to negotiate all the changes with a myriad of agencies across the World. We have had massive cuts in the last few years and even if we organise new institutions to push all this through it will take more than two years to get them up and running. It would all have to be ratified by Government which takes forever. Nothing happens overnight in our country. For example the organisation implementing HS2 was first established in 2009. But it's taken years of government bills and legal challenges to get us to where we are now. They appear to be going through the tender process at the moment. It's been 8 years so far....

Indeed but I'm hoping the cost may be offset by what we save coming out of Eu.

If hs2 never got built that might fund somethings too.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What part of this do you not understand?

The UK signed up to this, a two year exit period.

They knew what we had to do within that timescale.

It is unachievable.

You state that we can collect all tariffs on March 2019.

The whole of the Government, including the most rabid Brexiteers, agree we cannot.

Pray, do, tell, how we can do this.

You are obviously more intelligent than the entire Government and every Civil Servant in the UK.

Whilst we are at it, please explain your economics.

The fact that we can massively increase the NMW to the extent that no benefits are payable for those in work without increasing prices.

No bugga else can.
Hi

Nope, not at all.

I do understand simple English however.

Article 50 allows for a two year exit period.

It is printed for all to see in very simple terms.

Two years, end of, we leave .

You have stated on this forum that we can collect tariffs on the day we leave, the entire Government is now saying we cannot.

Everybody is wrong except Julie.

I remain to be convinced.

If you can achieve that, the Government will chuck a couple of £million at you, it would save us a fortune.

Off you go, tell us how it can be done.

It has defeated everyone else.
Bloody hell Swims ... you alright?
That's not your usual posting style.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 03:39 PM

Indeed but I'm hoping the cost may be offset by what we save coming out of Eu.

If hs2 never got built that might fund somethings too.
The money from our contribution to the eu has been spent 350million times over.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 05:28 PM

Nope, we can leave.

The issue is this.

We cannot leave in the timescale that was promised by the Brexit campaign...

I did not like the way things were going, we are not here to subsidise Germany and France.
So we cannot leave in the timescale promised, so we shall be obliged to continue to subsidise Germany and France for several years longer. Who knows for how long?

That could mean that in practice we shall not be able to leave the EU in the foreseeable future.

The other option of course, that I have mentioned before, is to simply wait for the EU to implode. It does seem silly, though, for us to continue subsidising the organisation until that day.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-07-2017, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So we cannot leave in the timescale promised, so we shall be obliged to continue to subsidise Germany and France for several years longer. Who knows for how long?

That could mean that in practice we shall not be able to leave the EU in the foreseeable future.

The other option of course, that I have mentioned before, is to simply wait for the EU to implode. It does seem silly, though, for us to continue subsidising the organisation until that day.
I think it could bankrupt us if we don't leave. We seem to finance an awful lot of it. Coming back from Sussex child on back seat asked if we are building roads in Eastern Europe through Europe why aren't we repairing our own, as we bumped through another hole in the A272 ? I couldn't find any sort of answer for her.

Anyone else willing to explain it to her ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:09 PM

I don't believe in can't we can do anything if the will is there.

I completely agree.

I admit that I do not understand all the whys and wherefores, but I still think we should just walk.

I am assured that for one reason or another we can't do this, but I cannot see why this is impossible for us to do.

The impression I get is that those in control don't really have any wish to leave the EU, which would tend to confirm the suggestion that the referendum was really not worth voting for.

This country appears not to be a true democracy (government by the people) at all.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-07-2017, 06:16 PM

To be honest, reading all of this, I am now quite sure that Britain will remain in the EU.

I suspected it from the outset, but lived in hope.

We shall remain a member and, what's more, will remain not only a cash cow, but also a dumping ground for the EU's undesirables.

And, of course, our government is complicit in the country's destruction.

Generations of Brits must be turning in their graves and thinking, "Why the hell did we bother?"
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:38 PM

I think it could bankrupt us if we don't leave. We seem to finance an awful lot of it. Coming back from Sussex child on back seat asked if we are building roads in Eastern Europe through Europe why aren't we repairing our own, as we bumped through another hole in the A272 ? I couldn't find any sort of answer for her.

Anyone else willing to explain it to her ?
Hi

It is very simple to explain.

Well little one, the Government are giving £13 thousand million a year of our money to other countries, like Pakistan to build nuclear bombs and send terrorists here.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top