Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 10:57 AM

Re: Council house crackdown

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It has been mentioned on here that landlords usually overcharge to cover their costs when they have trouble with tenants.

It occurs to me that if the law were to be toughened up so as to permit non-payers and vandals to be ejected immediately and at little cost, the landlords could reduce their charges. That, of course, would benefit everyone including tenants.
Common sense, indeed, but it no longer applies, does it??
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 11:00 AM

Watching yesterday's episode of this programme, and towards the end a black man and his two daughters have been allocated a flat. They all have thick accents, so it has me wondering...I bet they've not been in this country very long! And are they economic migrants?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Watching yesterday's episode of this programme, and towards the end a black man and his two daughters have been allocated a flat. They all have thick accents, so it has me wondering...I bet they've not been in this country very long! And are they economic migrants?
Quite probably. Economic migrants (and others) seem to get priority when it comes to housing.

Why, I have absolutely no idea, although I have a feeling that having children in tow bumps you up to the top of the housing ladder... and I am sure that all immigrants are aware of that.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Quite probably. Economic migrants (and others) seem to get priority when it comes to housing.

Why, I have absolutely no idea, although I have a feeling that having children in tow bumps you up to the top of the housing ladder... and I am sure that all immigrants are aware of that.
You can visit this LINK to find out law regarding requirements for social housing, or HERE for Shelter's summary of the same laws.

Both links have appeared in this thread and easily found on the internet.

I wonder why some of the mature home owners on here should feel aggrieved that less fortunate have to depend on *spit* Social Housing.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
You can visit this LINK to find out law regarding requirements for social housing, or HERE for Shelter's summary of the same laws.

Both links have appeared in this thread and easily found on the internet.

I wonder why some of the mature home owners on here should feel aggrieved that less fortunate have to depend on *spit* Social Housing.
Maybe because we want a fair system for the poor. You can quote the housing laws all you like but many foreigners sub let the houses to make money and many young girls get pregnant deliberately to get a house.
If you think unprotected sex is a personal issue then perhaps providing for their babies should also be a personal issue and not the responsibility of those who pay NI.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

10-09-2017, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Maybe because we want a fair system for the poor. You can quote the housing laws all you like but many foreigners sub let the houses to make money and many young girls get pregnant deliberately to get a house.
If you think unprotected sex is a personal issue then perhaps providing for their babies should also be a personal issue and not the responsibility of those who pay NI.
Well said, Twink.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The Grenfell Tower tragedy was a horrible example of this. We will probably never know exactly how many people died or who they were as there were many 'unofficial' tenants living there.
On the local council estate I lived on for several years in the 90's, it was well known that the corrupt housing officer took rents directly from several such 'unofficial' tenants for short-term lets while the houses/flats were empty.

On the baby issue, maybe those complaining should acknowledge that without a certain level of population replacement, the nation will not be able raise the taxes to enable it to afford to look after its rapidly increasing population of old and sick people in the future.

In 1901 baby boys were expected to live for 45 years and girls for 49 years. In 2012, boys could expect to live for just over 79 years and girls to 83 years. By 2032, this is expected to increase to 83 years and 87 years respectively.

The combination of extending life expectancy and the ageing of those born in the baby boom, just after the Second World War, means that the population aged over 65 is growing at a much faster rate than those under 65. Over the next 20 years the population aged 65-84 will rise by 39 per cent and those over 85 by 106 per cent.
Maybe we should be happy that people are reproducing???
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
The Grenfell Tower tragedy was a horrible example of this. We will probably never know exactly how many people died or who they were as there were many 'unofficial' tenants living there.
On the local council estate I lived on for several years in the 90's, it was well known that the corrupt housing officer took rents directly from several such 'unofficial' tenants for short-term lets while the houses/flats were empty.

On the baby issue, maybe those complaining should acknowledge that without a certain level of population replacement, the nation will not be able raise the taxes to enable it to afford to look after its rapidly increasing population of old and sick people in the future.

Maybe we should be happy that people are reproducing???
Well most people, in the past, managed to look after their own elderly relatives, but now they all seem to find reason why they can't. If the elderly are very sick they need nursing care so go into nursing homes, but the majority could be cared for at home if their children were prepared to take them into their homes, that is what my family have always done, despite having to work as well!
My experience of many mothers, who have children to get a house, is that their children go on to do exactly the same..so a greater cost and very little increased tax paid!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 08:05 AM

It is easy to respect a Single Mother, but, most do not seem to fit that criteria, most seem to have a Bloke In Tow, not necessarily the child's Father.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top