Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 08:02 PM

Re: Just 3 ingredients - Delicious Scones.

Sounds amazing!

Two questions please...
1. What size can of lemonade?
2. Can the scones be frozen?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 05:23 PM

ruthio and Irene, Honestly, all I used was an ordinary can of Lemonade that I got out of the freezer from the corner shop. I used a can that was the same size as a can of Coke, Fanta or Tango.

As for whether you can freeze them. I'm sorry but I honestly don't know! I have tried looking it up but it doesn't say. I just put mine into a large tin and they were demolished before the end of the next day. I buttered the last ones and added jam.

Please put in your search engine - Monique Bowley's 3-ingredient scones and it should bring up the Daily Mail version but there are several cookery websites showing the recipe.

Sorry not much help - I just followed the first recipe which was from the Daily Mail. Maybe you can find out about freezing from one of the several other sites showing her recipe. Good luck xx
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 05:30 PM

Hi

I gave Sabrina the recipe, I was supposed to be looking after the littlies today, but no heating and power cuts put an end to that.

The littlies have made the scones with Mum, great fun, very easy and delicious.

They have saved me one, the rest have been eaten.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 05:51 PM

Swimmy, I am so pleased they came out delicious, especially after poor Irene's came out "too wet". I'm wondering if perhaps Irene, you purchased a tin of Lemonade that was slightly larger than the normal size can?. I can't think why else, You put the flour in first, then the cream mixed with a knife, followed by the lemonade, mixing it with a knife until a smooth dough. (I used my old trusty enamel handled butter knife).I also put plenty of flour on the counter when I lifted the dough out of the bowl to gently knead.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 06:20 PM

Did a bit of research and eventually found this...

In the instructional clip she adds four cups (or 530g) to 300mls of cream then adds a 330ml can of lemonade to the mix.

Irene's can of lemonade was 330mls which seems to be standard.
The cream appears to be very thick, even clotted?
Maybe that is the secret for it not to be too sloppy?

There's a YouTube video...
https://youtu.be/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 06:35 PM

Hi

Nadi is seven, nearly eight.

The nearly 8 is very important to her.

We are not allowed to take her into school anymore, she has to get out of the car and walk in alone.

Jakob is nine and autistic.

They made the scones together, minimal input from Mum, apart from taking them out of the oven.

They even clean up the mess, Mum is very clear about that.

They loved them and very proudly took a couple to the old lady next door.

Thanks ever so much for the recipe Shroppy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 09:24 AM

Wow - those look good - will give them a try - thank you Shropshiregirl - you do give us some interesting and delicious recipes.
Irene
Stafford, England
Irene is female  Irene has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Did a bit of research and eventually found this...

In the instructional clip she adds four cups (or 530g) to 300mls of cream then adds a 330ml can of lemonade to the mix.

Irene's can of lemonade was 330mls which seems to be standard.
The cream appears to be very thick, even clotted?
Maybe that is the secret for it not to be too sloppy?
SG/ruthio, I used exactly those quantities and a spreading knife to mix. The cream was Sainsbury's Double Cream; the lemonade Sainsbury's own make, as was the SR Flour.

I don't know what I did or didn't do, but I will try again.

P.S. I love your recipes, Shropshiregirl.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-11-2017, 12:11 PM

Swimmy and Irene, Thank you so much for your kind comments.
Swimmy a special thank you for doing more research on the recipe and the photo.. I only used Double Cream and they came out lovely.

Believe me Irene, I have had plenty of disasters in my baking endeavours in the past, so I can especially appreciate how disappointed you must have felt when your scones came out "a bit wet", especially as you followed the recipe to the tee. I really can't explain it! Australian double cream contains around 35% fat whereas English double cream has a whopping 48%!! so it is fair to say that it can't be the cream being thinner!

Hope they come out super the next attempt if you do them again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top