Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
emjaygee
New Member!
West Yorkshire
emjaygee is male 

11-11-2017, 09:21 PM

Re: "Divorce Bill"

You people need to stop reading the Daily Facist. In the words of Harold Macmillan - "you've never had it so good"
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
Just a few short weeks ago Theresa May was saying we were willing to pay £20 Billion but no more. Today in the Express it says she is now willing to pay £53 Billion.

Hands up all those who think the EU will settle for this now they know how easily she gives in. It further says that her cabinet now has a majority in favour of Brexit, so how come they would let her get away with it and keep rolling over and saying how much more would you like !!!
I don't think they will settle for £53 Billion, we are worth a lot more than that to them. Anyway, that is only the bill to start talking about a 'Trade Deal'

Bob Lyddon a city analyst has produced a new study on the EU membership costs.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...study-research

I haven’t seen the actual report yet but this seems to me more realistic, there are lots of hidden costs that a lot of people are not aware of eg:-

One example, the cost of importing white fish from Norway, which I daresay, a good proportion of was probably fished from our waters. We import £14billions worth of white fish per year according to Mr Sandberg, Fishing Minister of Norway.

Mr Sandberg said: “Our largest trading partner for white fish is the UK.
“Last year Norway exported goods for NOK 154 billion (£14.4 billion) to the British Isles. Exports of seafood have also risen sharply in recent years.
Unquote
We could cut the cost of that by investing in our fishing industry, if we get our fishing waters back, thereby creating associated jobs and industries connected with fishing.

Eg.
The ‘Rotterdam Effect’ which is explained on the ONS website, the EU keep the goods import duty then forwards them on to us ‘Free Trade Single Market’ .

There are many examples if you look for them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As we weren't married I'm fed up of any divorce bill, being paid. We IMO should pay what we owe up to day we leave no more no less. Then take our pensioners onto our books and sort that out back home.

Me too, Julie, stupid name, and I'm fed up with hearing it!
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by emjaygee ->
You people need to stop reading the Daily Facist. In the words of Harold Macmillan - "you've never had it so good"
“Never had it so good”

Like:

An outside loo in the backyard.

No bathroom, a tin bath in front of a fire.

No central heating, ice on the inside of the windows.

Rationing, the bare minimum of food.

No Fridges, phones, washing machines, a big tub and mangle in the backyard.

Bomb sites to play on, no health and safety in those days.

Working from 15 yrs old to 67 years old except for 2 yrs off when I had my son.

Would you like me to go on……..

Why do you think our parents, families and ancestors fought WW1 and WW2. They fought to stop a dictator from taking over this country and Europe, in order that we could have our freedom.
If you would prefer to live under a dictatorship, may I suggest you go and live in one of the other European countries in the EU. You wouldn’t have what you have nowadays if it hadn’t been for your forefathers. Have some respect
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Freespirit ->
I don't think they will settle for £53 Billion, we are worth a lot more than that to them. Anyway, that is only the bill to start talking about a 'Trade Deal'

Bob Lyddon a city analyst has produced a new study on the EU membership costs.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...study-research

I haven’t seen the actual report yet but this seems to me more realistic, there are lots of hidden costs that a lot of people are not aware of eg:-

One example, the cost of importing white fish from Norway, which I daresay, a good proportion of was probably fished from our waters. We import £14billions worth of white fish per year according to Mr Sandberg, Fishing Minister of Norway.

Mr Sandberg said: “Our largest trading partner for white fish is the UK.
“Last year Norway exported goods for NOK 154 billion (£14.4 billion) to the British Isles. Exports of seafood have also risen sharply in recent years.
Unquote
We could cut the cost of that by investing in our fishing industry, if we get our fishing waters back, thereby creating associated jobs and industries connected with fishing.

Eg.
The ‘Rotterdam Effect’ which is explained on the ONS website, the EU keep the goods import duty then forwards them on to us ‘Free Trade Single Market’ .

There are many examples if you look for them.
Hi

You have completely misread the article and posted rubbish.

Apologies for being so blunt, but it needs to be said.

Total Norwegian Exports to the UK are 14.4 Billion, not exports of fish.

Most of the Norwegian Fish Exports to the UK are farmed fish, not white fish.

Cod and haddock, our choice for fish and chips, are cold water fish, we got most of them from Iceland, until we lost the Cod War.

We catch very little Cod and Haddock in our own waters, we will be reliant on imports even after Brexit.

The biggest exports of fish we have are Shellfish, Prawns and Mackerel and Herring, under WTO Rules, these will be subject to Tariffs, as will our Imports of Cod and Haddock.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 11:49 AM

Hi

Trading under WTO Rules means the same level of Tariffs for all.

Kia and Hyundai cars are made in the EU, the tax on them will increase exactly the same as the tax on BMWs and Skodas etc.

The vast majority of cars produced here in the UK are exported to the EU and the companies who produce them are foreign owned, they are not British.

No deal means Tariffs, they will take a business decision as to whether they will continue production here in the UK.

They have no loyalty to the UK at all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 12:25 PM

No point talking about fish they gave that away a few weeks ago in exchange for what I'm not clear. But we aren't going to revitalise our fishing industry, we won't be allowed to.

What sort of club do you join that tells you what you can or cannot do after you leave it ?

If we aren't really coming out what have we been arguing about the last couple of years ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-11-2017, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No point talking about fish they gave that away a few weeks ago in exchange for what I'm not clear. But we aren't going to revitalise our fishing industry, we won't be allowed to.

What sort of club do you join that tells you what you can or cannot do after you leave it ?

If we aren't really coming out what have we been arguing about the last couple of years ?
Hi

When we leave the EU cannot tell us anything.

It is entirely up to us what we do or do not do.

Theresa May has said that we are leaving at 11 pm on 31st March 2019, she is putting that into law.

It is a con, she is asking for a 2 year Transition Deal in which we will still obey EU Laws and pay into the EU Budget.

The EU are not asking for this Transition Deal, they are not insisting on it.

It is our own Government which is asking for it.

The EU are merely saying, if this is what you want, this is what you pay.

Take it or leave it.

It is not blackmail, it is Business.

It is the way of the World.

Liam Fox went for a Trade Deal with India.

India said, fine, you can have one, but it will cost you Free Movement, no different to the EU.

That is the big bad world we are going into.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 02:32 PM

Not so according to various commentators if we bargain away our fishing waters that's a contract we can't get out of easily. I do wonder now what is going on in the negotiations if they have negotiated our fishing away from us.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 12:59 PM

The DT Business Section (A.Evans-Pritchard) is saying that the EU plan to fill the finance Black Hole will ignite tension across the EU.

Apparently the EU submits its budget plan in May.

AEP says that there is "zero chance" that the EU's front of disciplined unity will survive this once the battle of the budget (EU) starts.

He says that the British withdrawal will slash EU revenue by 16 % from 2020 forcing Brussels to confront lots of vocal vested interests. It threatens to ignite bitter divisions.

The draft document, from the EU, maps out three scenarios including a drastic suspension of all aid to backward areas in most countries.

Spanish newspaper is already screaming foul.

AEP suggests this is the reason that the British divorce bill is so explosive.

Sit back and watch the EU fireworks!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top