Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 07:22 PM

The Real Marigold on Tour

Was in Chengdu last night.

Beautiful scenery, state of the art metro system, happy and friendly citizens. And provision for the elderly to escape the city pollution, and enjoy a commune type respite in the country. If that doesn't grab you, then there's the University for the elderly where you can attend many classes. Or have tea in the park with a group of ladies who warble a nice song and applaud Wayne Sleep doing a pirouette. (Though that was somewhere else the OAPs go to for exercise.)

Or grab a seat on the bullet train, be served a hot drink in a cup and saucer, and think you are in first class, but it's actually normal. And be taken to see rescued pandas.

Head out to the market and meet Rosemary Shrager demanding to have this and that, and bartering, with Bobby 'the tea here is terrible' George tagging along.

Then you can take the metro to the swimming pool, which creates waves, and come across Miriam Margolyes coming out with the foulest language ever heard on national tv. Oh my God! I was almost shouting at the telly...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 07:26 PM

Re: The Real Marigold on Tour

I'm looking forward to the episode when the others are in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I finished a book the other week written by a young female who took time out to travel the world. After flirting with an Aussie guy online, she met up with him and they set up home in Chiang Mai, so I'd like to see what kept her there for so many months.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 07:39 PM

I enjoyed the programme and am looking forward to next week, but I do agree with Jazzi I was very disappointed in Miriam Margoyles. She didn't seem to give a stuff about herself and I was quite ashamed of her behaviour. Does she really not give a fig about herself anymore do you think?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 07:53 PM

I have watched all the other series and have been looking forward to this one

Not seen all of the first episode yet but think the pals are very brave to venture into the unknown not knowing any of the language.

I loved the pandas which moved Miriam to tears. She is a bit eccentric but I don't mind her.

Rosemary is just like my next door neighbour in looks and voice although three times the size

I thought Paul Nicolas was going to be in this series , I will be disappointed if he isn't.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 07:59 PM

Miriam , rude and self indulgent , dislikes children and foul mouthed to those lovely Chinese people . Rosemary , my god what a mouth . How lucky they are to be paid to travel the world . Still it's fascinating watching . Wish I was there
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

05-12-2017, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have watched all the other series and have been looking forward to this one

Not seen all of the first episode yet but think the pals are very brave to venture into the unknown not knowing any of the language.

I loved the pandas which moved Miriam to tears. She is a bit eccentric but I don't mind her.

Rosemary is just like my next door neighbour in looks and voice although three times the size

I thought Paul Nicolas was going to be in this series , I will be disappointed if he isn't.
Paul is part of the group staying in Chiang Mai.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Paul is part of the group staying in Chiang Mai.
Oh right thanks Jazzi I haven't seen that part yet then .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

05-12-2017, 09:08 PM

Next week this group is in Cuba, joined by Jan Leeming, so I expect third or fourth week we will see Chiang Mai.

The more I watch Miriam the less I like her. How could she turn her head away from adorable babies, anyway?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 11:28 AM

I liked them all Miriam was very self aware about her short comings, in her pieces to camera she openly admitted her faults quite a lady I thought.

I also thought she was brave on tv in her swimming costume at her age and with a body like mine, I'd not do that in a million years.

She's also a bit of a recluse in real life these days so this is as far out of her comfort zone as she could go.

They all did really well IMO
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Was in Chengdu last night.

Beautiful scenery, state of the art metro system, happy and friendly citizens. And provision for the elderly to escape the city pollution, and enjoy a commune type respite in the country. If that doesn't grab you, then there's the University for the elderly where you can attend many classes. Or have tea in the park with a group of ladies who warble a nice song and applaud Wayne Sleep doing a pirouette. (Though that was somewhere else the OAPs go to for exercise.)

Or grab a seat on the bullet train, be served a hot drink in a cup and saucer, and think you are in first class, but it's actually normal. And be taken to see rescued pandas.

Head out to the market and meet Rosemary Shrager demanding to have this and that, and bartering, with Bobby 'the tea here is terrible' George tagging along.

Then you can take the metro to the swimming pool, which creates waves, and come across Miriam Margolyes coming out with the foulest language ever heard on national tv. Oh my God! I was almost shouting at the telly...
Makes you sick doesn't it. It made me realise how badly we are all treated in this Country. Their transport system puts ours to shame.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top