Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 09:29 PM

Re: Dear Mups. Please do not say ‘I told you so’!

Jazzi i'm very sorry to hear about this and it does seem that the blame is on the Breeder not anyone else.

Sending you and Holly lots of hugs.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 09:46 PM

It is good that you now have a diagnosis Jazzi and fro what you described it did sound very much like Giardia. Now she is getting treated for it I am sure she will not be too long before she is fit and well - in fact she sounds very much as if she is well on the way already. I also think this is very much the breeder's poor practice and IMO it is unlikely that he did not know what the problem was. I would send him your bills (he probably won't take any notice, but it might make him a bit more careful and clean his premises up for other puppies he may have).
Would it be impossible to take Holly with you over Christmas. If you had a soft crate she would probably travel well. If not, it's only one year - Christmas soon passes. Perhaps you could invite someone to your place for Christmas - I don't know what your circumstances are, but whatever you decide, I hope you have a pleasant and peaceful Christmas. New Year will likely see Holly well on he way to being better and then you will be able to have some fun together. Regards Rena.

Edited to add: I think it is unlikely that the giardia Holly has would affect you, but the cryptosporidium might; so I am thinking you must take care of your own safety until this is all over, but you probably already know that.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 09:51 PM

Mups, yes, there was talk of further testing.

Having spent every Christmas until I was 60, with my parents, I was catapulted into a void. My sister or her eldest daughter would then invite me, but I did spend one Christmas alone during the past 5 years when it seemed sis wasn’t talking to me! I therefore find the prospect of being alone at Christmas rather daunting. When you consider that many households are enjoying family time together, being together, playing games, exchanging presents...it’s not nice to suddenly find yourself on your own, yet you know you have siblings and their families out there.

Aerolator, it’s not possible to take her because I had booked a coach and there is no parking anyway for cars. She is confined to a run here and sometimes a crate, when I need to clear up her mess.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 09:57 PM

Jazzi would it be a nice idea to do some volunteering over Christmas?
You could be at home to make sure the pup is ok, but still go out for a few hours and have company?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
You could be at home to make sure the pup is ok, but still go out for a few hours and have company?
I will take her for walks in the local park most probably.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 10:08 PM

First of all Jazzi, sorry to hear Holly is poorly but glad to hear a diagnosis has been made and treatment started

As for so many families out there enjoying Christmas , not true. Especially in London where the majority of households are single people

I've had to spend many a Christmas on my own, well me and at the time, Gunnar ( cocker spaniel). I'd be up early and walk from tooting to Wimbledon Common, do a lap and walk home ( I know Holly is too young for such a walk), then a lovely hot soak in the bath listening to the radio. Then dinner. Whatever it was I fancied, sat in front of the tv, in nice clean Jim jams with Gunnar sleeping on me. When I needed to take him walkies again for wee wee ( lived in a flat so no garden ) I just climbed into my wellies and threw a coat on.

All evening we would be snuggled together on the sofa as I tucked into favourite chocolates, washed down with a good wine and alternated from reading, listening to music or watching a film

I loved my Christmas days alone. A whole day to spoil myself. Bliss

And yes I had a partner, who would be away staying at the ex MILs so he could have Christmas with his children, I had two sisters and BILs and nieces and nephews and a mother. Wasn't invited as none of them wanted the hassle of a dog Their loss not mine
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

That's an idea, ruthio.

Jazzi, you may be without human company this year, but at least you have a little friend this time, who would really appreciate you being there.
It wouldn't be a lot of fun for her to be alone either, in strange kennels where she didn't know a soul, and being so young, who knows what else she may pick up there.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Mups, yes, there was talk of further testing.

Having spent every Christmas until I was 60, with my parents, I was catapulted into a void. My sister or her eldest daughter would then invite me, but I did spend one Christmas alone during the past 5 years when it seemed sis wasn’t talking to me! I therefore find the prospect of being alone at Christmas rather daunting. When you consider that many households are enjoying family time together, being together, playing games, exchanging presents...it’s not nice to suddenly find yourself on your own, yet you know you have siblings and their families out there.

Aerolator, it’s not possible to take her because I had booked a coach and there is no parking anyway for cars. She is confined to a run here and sometimes a crate, when I need to clear up her mess.

Ahh Jazzi - taking aside her being poorly for a moment, I can understand how you feel, but you wouldn't be alone this time as you have lovely little Holly to be with. She's still new and learning new routines with you and wanting your attention and cuddles.

Just think, this Christmas is different 'cos you have her - it's something you've waited for and it's exciting and new times ahead are starting!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 10:39 PM

Jazzi just ask yourself if you would enjoy your Christmas holiday worrying whether Holly was okay, or feeling alone and scared amongst strangers. Like some others, I have spent a few Christmas days alone for one reason or another, and quite honestly I enjoyed the freedom of doing what I wanted, watching on TV what I wanted and for the rare occasion of not having to consider other peoples wants and needs.

I'm sure if it comes to that and you have to cancel your holiday, then you and Holly will have some real quality time together and you know there's nothing nicer than snuggling up with a little fur ball and a box of chocolates.

Whatever you decide I hope both you and Holly are okay and enjoy your Christmas.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

My last resort is the boarding kennels where she had her vac. I spoke to vet reception and she said they do take pets with illnesses and do administer treatment if necessary, but I won’t know till tomorrow at 9am when they reopen if they have a vacancy. I checked their price list and it’s not horrific.
If they have a vacancy I would take it. I'm sure Holly will survive for a few days. You will have all next year to bond with her.

I think you really NEED this holiday Jazzi.
Good luck.

((((((BIG HUGS))))))

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top