Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 10:56 PM

Re: Dear Mups. Please do not say ‘I told you so’!

Oh thank you, Carol! Yes I DO need this holiday. I need a few days when I can eat a meal undisturbed, go to the toilet undisturbed, watch telly undisturbed, read a book (can’t remember the last time I did that), have a shower undisturbed, sit in my chair undisturbed.

This pup had the attention span of a gnat and won’t sit still for a second. Definitely not on my lap.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 11:01 PM

If you are with Holly you won't be alone. With a name like that she's perfect for the festive season. If you go away you will be fretting about her. Rearrange something for New Year's Eve instead. She should be better by then.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 11:06 PM

The way I look at it is it's a good thing to get them used to being away from home occasionally.

If a dog owner had to go into hospital, the dog would have to be looked after elsewhere so why not start them young? I think it's best for the dog & the owner.

I know Holly is poorly and that is unfortunate but she will be given her medication and well looked after I'm sure.

Fingers crossed for you Jazzi.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh thank you, Carol! Yes I DO need this holiday. I need a few days when I can eat a meal undisturbed, go to the toilet undisturbed, watch telly undisturbed, read a book (can’t remember the last time I did that), have a shower undisturbed, sit in my chair undisturbed.

This pup had the attention span of a gnat and won’t sit still for a second. Definitely not on my lap.
That is called pet ownership.

Jazzi - I don't mean this to be unkind but Holly needs you. She has been parted from her siblings, has hardly had time to adjust to life with you, now she is poorly and most probably a little frightened. She is relying on you - if you go away and leave her now she is going to feel unloved and abandoned.
Worse - you may never have her full trust again.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 11:31 PM

ST, Holly has already been away from home when Jazzi was ill.
I don't think it harmed her, so why should this? So long as she is warm & fed & given her medication she won't feel abandoned.

I don't think they've been together long enough to have that kind of bond.

Why don't you feel sorry for Jazzi instead of the puppy?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
ST, Holly has already been away from home when Jazzi was ill.
I don't think it harmed her, so why should this? So long as she is warm & fed & given her medication she won't feel abandoned.

I don't think they've been together long enough to have that kind of bond.

Why don't you feel sorry for Jazzi instead of the puppy?
Thank you again Carol.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 08:05 AM

I do feel sorry for, Jazzi, Carol - it is not a good situation for her to be in especially if she is not 100% herself - but - with pet ownership comes responsibility. I could never walk away from a sick animal, Christmas or not.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

19-12-2017, 08:27 AM

But she is showing excellent signs of recovery, folks! If she was listless, lethargic, off her food, not playing, and showing signs of pain, discomfort/distress, do you really think I’d consider leaving her?! But she is in fact all the opposite. She’s been on treatment for over a week and is doing very well. Today’s visit is to get more antibiotics and more Panacur, to continue just a few more days.

If you were to see her running around and playing, you wouldn’t say she was a sick puppy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

19-12-2017, 09:31 AM

That is the best news, Jazzi. Big hugs all round.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 09:33 AM

That is good news Jazzi. You have done a great job nursing Holly through her illness.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top