Join for free
Page 232 of 274 « First < 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:26 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

Keep going Floydy, the big guns are appearing , Echoes, Shamrock Diaries, Marillion, I for one am second guessing you now.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:16 PM

I see Chas Chandler produced that Hendrix record ,was that the last before Slade?I wonder.He was only in his fifties when he died, plenty more years to do other musical stuff.
Beatles and Neil Young,would have been higher up my list(if I had one )

Floydy if you are not enjoying it give it a break.Enjoy what's left of the British summer
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:32 PM

I really appreciate this thread, Floydy, and have learned so much by working my way through.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
It's difficult sometimes mate.
If it's music where you don't particularly like it, then people may not comment. Even if it's stuff they do like, I'm sure they listen to what you've posted and find it interesting.

This thread is probably more useful than you may think. For example, when you posted up The Stranglers, it made me realise I no longer had the tracks No more heroes and walk on by, which I promptly downloaded...

I realise it's hard work, but it's a very interesting thread.
Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Keep going Floydy, the big guns are appearing , Echoes, Shamrock Diaries, Marillion, I for one am second guessing you now.
Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I see Chas Chandler produced that Hendrix record ,was that the last before Slade?I wonder.He was only in his fifties when he died, plenty more years to do other musical stuff.
Beatles and Neil Young,would have been higher up my list(if I had one )

Floydy if you are not enjoying it give it a break.Enjoy what's left of the British summer
Actually, it would be good to know if you are reading between the lines or forming some kind of process of elimination scenario with what has now gone and what could be left to see? Don't worry, you can guess, but I won't tell either way. My lips are sealed to the end guys

Interesting about Chas Chandler...anyone Google him yet?

Beatles, neil Young higher...not those two but....maybe?

And on the subject of the thread itself and my ever-growing madness, I feel like some kind of 17th Century composer, some tortured genius doing this. All grey hair everywhere, tearing it out. Mad eyes a-staring wildly a la Beethoven. Crikey!
No, it's not quite like that yet. I have my moments and I can be a moody bugger but this thread will survive (hear that, Art? It will last. lol). I don't think I can postpone it though as it would then be on my mind, so we will crack on tomorrow with some more wonderful albums.

Never Too Young To Rock And Roll, Never Too Old To Die! Rock on....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I really appreciate this thread, Floydy, and have learned so much by working my way through.
Oops, just missed you there, Tabby.
Wish I knew though, because sometimes love, it's as if I'm ploughing away until my fingertips are bleeding in the mud. Don't worry, and thanks for your support, it's been a long hard road.
God, that sounds like a Bon Jovi record...everybody's on that 'midnight train'.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-05-2018, 10:55 PM

Starts tomorrow.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-05-2018, 11:08 PM

...or now actually.
Just before I go back to the TV then….

No.40: “Tubular Bells” by Mike Oldfield (1973)
Wrote and composed at age 17, recorded and played 42 different instruments at aged 20. Incredible isn’t it? What other child prodigy can you name who could accomplish a feat like this in music?
Despite all the inevitable rehashes of the album in all it’s weird and wonderful forms, the original Tubular Bells is a masterpiece. No doubt about it.

Sleeve image, other images:

Video:

More tomorrow
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Well, do you have any views on any of these albums, Sweetie Pie? It's very nice of you to post, but this isn't really a chit chat thread, it's designed for intelligent conversation about a particular subject. If serious music isn't your thing, you are perhaps wasting your time in here, that's all I'm trying to say.
Scolded AGAIN
I will be honest Floydy, I listen to the music after I have logged off. Many are before my time, and as I mostly have a preference for American imports of those bygone years, I am catching up on what I missed.
If you prefer, I will no longer post. I will NOT take offence.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 08:40 AM

I listen to the few that ive not heard before, but dont comment much as i do not share most of your taste in music, plenty here do, and they will help sustain you.

I hoped you would give yourself a break so you came back re-energised.

Its a herculean task you set yourself.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-05-2018, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I listen to the few that ive not heard before, but dont comment much as i do not share most of your taste in music, plenty here do, and they will help sustain you.

I hoped you would give yourself a break so you came back re-energised.

Its a herculean task you set yourself.
You're one of the regular contributors here, Nom and I appreciate that. The main thing is that you converse about the music contained and don't treat every thread like posting on Facebook. That's the difference.

I'll carry on with this until my holidays, then after my break finish things off in here and leave the forum through summer.

Page 232 of 274 « First < 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top