Join for free
Page 81 of 276 « First < 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 08:17 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
My sister visited and I feel better now - the canulas are covered with gauze and padding so aren't bothering me so much.
Glad that has lifted your spirits Dreamy.
I am going shortly, so I hope you have a good nights sleep.
I will log on later, but I expect you will be sleeping.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Ffosse I sense that you are not dealing with your hospital stay very well and are looking for reasons why. You seem anxious, but the reason for that is because you are ill, not because your Tv is too small or your canulas are uncomfortable.

What you really need is somebody to talk to that understands why you feel this way. You need somebody that can calm your fears and make you feel better, so why not ask your doctor if somebody can provide that help for you.

You have every reason to be upset and afraid, but it wont help you to relax. When I was having chemo the hospital had an aromatherapist who came to massage my feet and it made me far less stressed. Sometimes a little understanding can make you feel much better so, if your hospital deals with cancer patients regularly, they must surely understand that your mind suffers as much as your body. For that reason, I would tell somebody how down you are feeling and ask if they have anyone you can talk to.

Take care my friend, because your mind is playing tricks with your body and all you need is some diversion from your worries.
What a good post Twink, I think you may have hit the nail on the head there! Ffosse, I do hope you sleep well tonight and have a better day tomorrow. Then it will be almost home time!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 10:28 PM

I'm worried now about my MRI on Monday...whether I'll still be here or have to go home then come back for the MRI. Then I have a CT scan on the 17th.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 10:39 PM

I'm worried now about my MRI on Monday...whether I'll still be here or have to go home then come back for the MRI. Then I have a CT scan on the 17th.
Don't worry Dreamy, if you have to go home, then so be it.
At least you can escape.
Are you restless?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:14 AM

Yes I don't like the feeling of being cooped up which these infusions give me.

At least I'm sleeping well with no sign of the delirium which I dread retuning.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-05-2018, 12:07 PM

Yes I don't like the feeling of being cooped up which these infusions give me.

At least I'm sleeping well with no sign of the delirium which I dread retuning.
At least you are sleeping Dreamy, things always seem worse at night. It will soon be over, so hang on in there, lots of support for you. I will keep looking for your updates.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

13-05-2018, 04:02 PM

I'm home, but that was an experience I wouldn't relish repeating.

It's just being constantly hooked up to 2 machines; having to take them with you when you go to the bathroom; the tangle of wires that inevitably occurs.

I put on weight, and it's all because of the water - my calves have swollen up and I still don't feel well.

On the second night I chewed through the wire (luckily it was just saline and bicarbonate of soda); same again last night. In hospital I have a way of acting out my dreams.

And I'm expected to go all the way back out there tomorrow for an MRI. I really don't feel up to it and may put it off, even though it is an important appointment.

The taxi driver on the way back went the slowest route possible, adding pounds onto my fare. Still, it's good to be back home.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 04:11 PM

Good man, Ffosse, for coping with that experience. You're a brave soul fella
I would get the MRI scan out of the way and then it's done with pal, you won't have it on your mind. Hope all goes well mate
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-05-2018, 04:17 PM

I'm home, but that was an experience I wouldn't relish repeating.

It's just being constantly hooked up to 2 machines; having to take them with you when you go to the bathroom; the tangle of wires that inevitably occurs.

I put on weight, and it's all because of the water - my calves have swollen up and I still don't feel well.

On the second night I chewed through the wire (luckily it was just saline and bicarbonate of soda); same again last night. In hospital I have a way of acting out my dreams.

And I'm expected to go all the way back out there tomorrow for an MRI. I really don't feel up to it and may put it off, even though it is an important appointment.

The taxi driver on the way back went the slowest route possible, adding pounds onto my fare. Still, it's good to be back home.

Oh dear Dreamy! Chewed through!
Relax now you are home.
Tomorrow is another day. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

13-05-2018, 04:20 PM

I should sleep well tonight and, you're right, tomorrow is another day. I might go to that appointment - it is at 12:30. I've also got a CT scan on Thursday so it would be amiss if I went to one and not the other.

Then I see the consultant on the 22nd.

Page 81 of 276 « First < 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top