Join for free
Page 87 of 276 « First < 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 09:32 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Thanks Sweetie, chemo day is always the worst day of the fortnightly cycle. I did enjoy my fish and chip supper though, chemo day treat for being a brave girl lol!
I had chish and fips,
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I had chish and fips,
It’s a long time since I heard them called that lol!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That is good news Dreamy. I just knew you would get it.
It was quite the surprise for me. I now wish I had applied for it when I first got cancer in 2016. The money will come in handy - I'll no longer feel so bad about taxi fares or treating myself occasionally.

I was just using my savings although, admittedly, the watch put a huge dent in them. Mid-life crisis I think but I wear it every day except when I'm in hospital.

On June 21st I'm to have exactly the same treatment as before, with the methotrexate and bicarbonate of soda - I'll be in hospital for another 4 days hooked up to 2 drips. They try to get you to take 6 bicarbonate of soda tablets every 3 hours for the 24 hours before you are admitted...I just couldn't do it, made me feel sick so was infused at the hospital, more time-consuming but I don't know anyone who could manage the sheer number of tablets. And every 3 hours? What about when I'm asleep?

Not worried about today's appointment at all. I find CT scans a lot easier than MRI scans or the actual chemo.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Thanks Mags, it’s the first cycle of my maintenance so I’ll see what tomorrow brings. I have always relied on three days on steroids for a boost but none given this time!
Those three days of steroids made me ravenous - I was almost eating without thinking. I've been eating a bit less recently (and healthy stuff - fruits and salads) to keep the weight down.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It was quite the surprise for me. I now wish I had applied for it when I first got cancer in 2016. The money will come in handy - I'll no longer feel so bad about taxi fares or treating myself occasionally.

I was just using my savings although, admittedly, the watch put a huge dent in them. Mid-life crisis I think but I wear it every day except when I'm in hospital.

On June 21st I'm to have exactly the same treatment as before, with the methotrexate and bicarbonate of soda - I'll be in hospital for another 4 days hooked up to 2 drips. They try to get you to take 6 bicarbonate of soda tablets every 3 hours for the 24 hours before you are admitted...I just couldn't do it, made me feel sick so was infused at the hospital, more time-consuming but I don't know anyone who could manage the sheer number of tablets. And every 3 hours? What about when I'm asleep?

Not worried about today's appointment at all. I find CT scans a lot easier than MRI scans or the actual chemo.
You have your PIP for exactly all those expenses.
At least that is sorted.
Why not treat yourself occasionally.
You are coping brill my lovely. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-05-2018, 12:09 PM

I'm wondering what the Consultant will say when we meet on the 22nd. I'm sure it will be OK news and just to continue treatment.

I'm exactly halfway through my treatment this time - 3 chemo sessions plus the methotrexate, 3 more to go and another methotrexate.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 01:32 PM

I am not good at taking tablets either Ffosse, especially if they are big ones or not coated.
Val J
East Yorkshire

17-05-2018, 01:36 PM

Those three days of steroids made me ravenous - I was almost eating without thinking. I've been eating a bit less recently (and healthy stuff - fruits and salads) to keep the weight down.
Me too Ffosse and I’ve never been a big eater, but we can’t do to be losing weight either!
Val J
East Yorkshire

17-05-2018, 01:41 PM

I'm wondering what the Consultant will say when we meet on the 22nd. I'm sure it will be OK news and just to continue treatment.

I'm exactly halfway through my treatment this time - 3 chemo sessions plus the methotrexate, 3 more to go and another methotrexate.
You are doing really well Ffosse, I’m sure it will be the best news for you. The consultant gave me the choice as to whether to continue treatment or not, I chose to continue.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-05-2018, 01:44 PM

Neither of you should worry about putting on a little weight. I'm here rooting for you both. I wish I could put on a little weight.
My thoughts and prayers are always with you both.

Page 87 of 276 « First < 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top