Join for free
Page 88 of 276 « First < 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 02:21 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Neither of you should worry about putting on a little weight. I'm here rooting for you both. I wish I could put on a little weight.
My thoughts and prayers are always with you both.
Thanks, Sweetie.

If you stop smoking and start vaping, I bet you'll put on some weight.

I'm going for an Indian Head Massage next week - I've had it before but it was a year ago. The woman starts massaging the shoulders and neck then moves upwards. Just the thing to relax. I do still get neck aches, more like a stiff neck, since my 2 surgeries. Plus, I'll be able to show off my scar.

Just had a bath and no sign of hair loss yet but, and this is quite strange, it's not growing, either. Normally I'd buzz-cut it once a week but haven't had to yet - it feels like it's been freshly shaved.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
You are doing really well Ffosse, I’m sure it will be the best news for you. The consultant gave me the choice as to whether to continue treatment or not, I chose to continue.
Yes, I was given the choice of whether to have the methotrexate or not, then had to sign a disclaimer because there were potential but very rare side effects. The only side-effects I got were the painful mouth ulcers but they only lasted 2 or 3 days. I think the anti-biotic I got on Monday plus the mouthwashes sorted those out.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Money isn't everything but it does help. That's £319.80 every 4 weeks. And I can stop feeling resentful about all those taxis.
Taxis or taxes...or both?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-05-2018, 02:53 PM

I've paid my taxes - I mean my taxis, of which I am about to order one in an hour to take me to the hospital.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-05-2018, 03:48 PM

Scratch that - I've developed a killer migraine with blurred vision. Managed to cancel the appointment with not much notice.

Am going to try lying down after taking 2 Oxycodone - I hope this helps me, I don't feel good at all. I hope the nurse and consultant are understanding - I see them next Tuesday
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-05-2018, 04:50 PM

Lying down for 10 minutes has helped a bit. I just feel strange, woozy and with the headache which is easing slightly. I don't think I could have coped today.

I did phone the Clinical Haemotologist and she says that they should still have enough information on Tuesday even without the CT scan.

I get panic attacks, and with this sudden migraine/headache/dizzy feeling felt that I couldn't have coped. What if I had a panic attack in the taxi? Or at hospital?

It's strange having both physical illnesses and MH problems. Up to today my anxiety levels had been normal. Odd, but I think my having a bath triggered it off.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 05:24 PM

You did right to cancel the appointment Ffosse, hope you are feeling better now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-05-2018, 05:44 PM

The pain is easing; what was scary was the blurred vision; I thought I was having a stroke.

Feel bad about cancelling, but at least I managed to give them a little notice so there'll be more time for other patients.

And I phoned my clinical haemotologist to let her know - they probably know more about my health than me, it's just that the MH side of things hasn't popped up until now with this combo migraine/panic attack.

EDIT: That's not quite true - when I was in hospital in 2016 I was psychotic with delirium and it took them weeks to control it.

In hospitals I've always had problems at night when I'm sleeping: whether it's getting into someone else's bed or wandering through the wards sleepwalking.

Last week at night I bit through the drip tube twice (I couldn't help it, didn't know what I was doing) but was fine once the nurse had seen to it. A good job it was just saline instead of a chemotherapy drug. I must mention this to them next month: if I could get all my chemotherapy infused during the day.

It seems to be strange places where I'll sleepwalk during the night, often not coming to until I come across someone who recognises that it's sleepwalking. I did this in a B & B once, awakening in the owner's kitchen in my pyjamas. They made me a cup of tea and I was alright again.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 07:56 PM

Just as long as you are alright now Dreamy.
I know all of this is difficult, but you are doing well. x
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Neither of you should worry about putting on a little weight. I'm here rooting for you both. I wish I could put on a little weight.
My thoughts and prayers are always with you both.

Come this way Sweetie darlin' - a few meat pies or Cornish pasties from my local pie shop * followed by a couple of Cherry and Custard pies will soon have you gaining weight!!!

* https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz_photos/bangers-brighton

Page 88 of 276 « First < 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top