Join for free
Page 89 of 276 « First < 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 01:55 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

That's the sort of food I was eating, award-winning pies from our local butcher. He also does great sandwiches: Pastrami and brie is my favourite. But I'm back to cooking for myself now that I use Tesco Online groceries.

http://www.sausages.co.uk/epages/530...073/Categories
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Come this way Sweetie darlin' - a few meat pies or Cornish pasties from my local pie shop * followed by a couple of Cherry and Custard pies will soon have you gaining weight!!!

* https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz_photos/bangers-brighton
Oh so tempting.
Hope you two are OK as you can be today.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 06:52 PM

I'm doing fine - it's my favourite time of the week and I've just awoken from a nap.

Busy week coming up but that's days away.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm doing fine - it's my favourite time of the week and I've just awoken from a nap.

I’ve had a nap today as well Ffosse, an hour and a half, not like me! Mustn’t go to bed too early tonight!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 07:20 PM

My favourite day Dreamy. I can't think why

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I’ve had a nap today as well Ffosse, an hour and a half, not like me! Mustn’t go to bed too early tonight!
No, stay and play Val
You must have needed the sleep.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-05-2018, 07:26 PM

I needed the nap - what I do when I have a siesta is just stay up a little longer. I generally go to bed around 9 and am up early; tonight I think I'll leave it 'til 11 and still get up early tomorrow. I don't fall asleep at those times, usually I'll be listening to podcasts for a couple of hours.

Had a Tesco's Waldorf salad for my tea - it was quite nice.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 11:51 AM

That's the sort of food I was eating, award-winning pies from our local butcher. He also does great sandwiches: Pastrami and brie is my favourite. But I'm back to cooking for myself now that I use Tesco Online groceries.

http://www.sausages.co.uk/epages/530...073/Categories

Since shopping is beyond your current capabilities matey, try ordering pies on-line:

orders@therealpieco.co.uk
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

19-05-2018, 01:56 PM

I'm more into fruits and salads right now than pies, have a couple in the freezer, though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-05-2018, 01:21 PM

Again, today, I was defeated attempting a short walk...I managed it to a different bench in the opposite direction. I was wanting to go down to our Botanical Gardens and take some photos but I was too tired to go on. Also, I've noticed something about my gait.

Outside, my neck and shoulder are stiff and it's difficult to turn my neck and see if any cars are coming; inside, I'm forever bumping into tables and doors as though I've misjudged the distance. All very worrying, but I have an appointment with the Consultant on Tuesday so will tell him then.

I'm fine sitting down, either on my laptop or reading a book; it's just when I get up to go into the kitchen or bathroom I'll slightly bang my shoulder or leg into something. This isn't the stumbling feeling that being drunk produces; rather something else entirely. Good news on the weight front, though - I'm now down to 11 Stone 11 which is pretty good as I was a Stone heavier at one point. The 3 days of steroids after chemo make me very hungry indeed, so I'll have to watch it again after the coming Wednesday - just stick to salads and fruit and porridge in the morning.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 01:56 PM

Ffosse, I’m forever bumping into things too, I’ve put it down to being clumsy but maybe its a side effect of the chemo.

I also get tired and out of breath when walking, so I don’t walk far these days. I know you told me that you don’t drive, but I wondered if there were any buses which pass close by, failing that why not get a taxi to the Gardens then you will have more energy to walk round and enjoy the plants.

Page 89 of 276 « First < 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top