Join for free
Page 90 of 276 « First < 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 02:03 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Hello Dreamy and Val.
Just reading through your posts, to see how you are both doing.

I will pop back in a minute. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 03:06 PM

I think walking around the gardens (they are pretty large) would exhaust me too much.

I had started to feel my energy levels go up a bit before my hospital stay but now they're back down to where they were. Sad to say, but my favourite time of day is now between 8:30 and 9 at night when I can think about sleep although last night I had a nightmare.

I don't manage well with sleep and illness especially when I'm in hospital. In 2016 I kept trying to run away but I was delirious and didn't know where I was going; I often ended up in a different part of the hospital.

Once, I was convinced that this nurse was going to kill me with a gun fitted with a silencer (this was 7am) that I made it out of the hospital grounds and onto the main road, flagging down bus drivers, car drivers screaming, "He's got a gun!"
A few of the nurses from the ward were at the bus stop and a doctor who was going to work got hold of me but it was half an hour before they could calm me down, persuade me that no-one was after me.

Afterwards I was sectioned for my own good and was strictly monitored with people following me wherever I went and a security chap outside my door at night. That is what delirium did to me, it wasn't part of the cancer but the cancer definitely caused it.

The section only lasted 9 days while they found a suitable anti-psychotic to calm me down. And then I got better, was discharged a couple of weeks later. But I had been in hospital for nearly 3 months.

I think that's what's making this cancer so hard to take: I was beating Hodgkin's Lymphoma, was in remission, and then I get a whole new cancer unrelated to the first, one which is incurable.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I think walking around the gardens (they are pretty large) would exhaust me too much.

I had started to feel my energy levels go up a bit before my hospital stay but now they're back down to where they were. Sad to say, but my favourite time of day is now between 8:30 and 9 at night when I can think about sleep although last night I had a nightmare.
That is a shame Dreamy, a nice walk is good medicine, but not if it is too tiring.
I am not surprised about the nightmare, I expect all sorts goes through your mind.
Are you OK now?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 03:19 PM

I'm OK today, just a bit reflective. Must concentrate on the week ahead; bloods tomorrow; Consultant on Tuesday then my normal chemo on Wednesday.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-05-2018, 03:24 PM

I'm OK today, just a bit reflective. Must concentrate on the week ahead; bloods tomorrow; Consultant on Tuesday then my normal chemo on Wednesday.
Try and stay calm my lovely.
Wednesday is an awful day for me.
But, I will still support both you and Val.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-05-2018, 03:26 PM

The chemo on the day itself isn't so bad; its the cumulative side-effects which wear me down.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-05-2018, 03:40 PM

Still, I've been out again. Had to visit the vape shop (which is just across the road from the chemist) to see if they could fix my broken vaper.

One minute it was fine, then the next all the lights went out and I could find no way to switch it on - tried various combinations of button pushes, checked the battery etc. They said that it seemed to have short-circuited but gave me a new one as my old one was just 10 months old, I don't think some electronics in China are meant to last.

This new one has all the bells and whistles: colour display, an infinity of settings and, most importantly, holds 2 batteries compared with my old one's single offering. That's the most annoying thing about vaping (that, and needing to fill it with juice every so often): having to recharge them as they are not like phones and need to draw lots of power when you vape. It's a good deal larger, though, so will be heavier in my pocket.

It was a bonus on a Sunday, though - something new and techy to play around with.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-05-2018, 03:41 PM

The chemo on the day itself isn't so bad; its the cumulative side-effects which wear me down.
Yes, it is poison after all. One day in the future, generations will look back in horror. But until then, it is all we have.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-05-2018, 03:44 PM

Had a rogue temperature reading of 38.5 this morning. I didn't feel feverish so checked it again and it's 36.8 which is fine.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-05-2018, 03:57 PM

Still, I've been out again. Had to visit the vape shop (which is just across the road from the chemist) to see if they could fix my broken vaper.

One minute it was fine, then the next all the lights went out and I could find no way to switch it on - tried various combinations of button pushes, checked the battery etc. They said that it seemed to have short-circuited but gave me a new one as my old one was just 10 months old, I don't think some electronics in China are meant to last.

This new one has all the bells and whistles: colour display, an infinity of settings and, most importantly, holds 2 batteries compared with my old one's single offering. That's the most annoying thing about vaping (that, and needing to fill it with juice every so often): having to recharge them as they are not like phones and need to draw lots of power when you vape. It's a good deal larger, though, so will be heavier in my pocket.

It was a bonus on a Sunday, though - something new and techy to play around with.
I missed this Dreamy, we must have posted at the same time. I am not getting on well with vaping, but I will persevere.

Page 90 of 276 « First < 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top