Join for free
Page 91 of 276 « First < 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 04:04 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Think of the money you'll save, and the fact that you'll be able to get down to a very low level of nicotine.

I started with the 24 micro grammes then went down, 16, 12, 6 and am now on 3 - I may stop altogether or continue vaping nicotine-free as I like the flavours with a good juice. I couldn't imagine ever smoking again. The only times I've felt like smoking are when I've had a shock (bad news) or am in great pain.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Think of the money you'll save, and the fact that you'll be able to get down to a very low level of nicotine.

I started with the 24 micro grammes then went down, 16, 12, 6 and am now on 3 - I may stop altogether or continue vaping nicotine-free as I like the flavours with a good juice. I couldn't imagine ever smoking again. The only times I've felt like smoking are when I've had a shock (bad news) or am in great pain.
Is that what I should do? Gradually reduce, I am still learning.
I must try other flavours, I fancy coconut if they make it.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Try and stay calm my lovely.
Wednesday is an awful day for me.
But, I will still support both you and Val.
Sounds like the three of us have a busy week ahead with hospital appointments. Will be thinking of you both and offering what support I can. xx
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 06:54 AM

i see my Consultant on Tuesday, the day before my chemo - I don't know why he couldn't have seen me on the Wednesday and save me an extra trip to the hospital.

Still, I wish you well, Val J.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 05:28 PM

I'm here for you both.
Waiting to how you both are today.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

21-05-2018, 06:34 PM

Well I find myself in the same situation as I was once in before: awaiting MRI results - it didn't go so well last time.

No problems this time with arm movement but I've noticed my neck and back being very stiff outside - making it difficult to turn my head and see if any cars are coming. And my gait is different.

I'll walk what I think is a straight line but I'm actually veering to the left and have to correct myself. Similarly, in the house, I'm always misjudging distances and banging into furniture (not too painfully but enough so that I notice it.)

Tomorrow the Consultant won't have the CT scan results as I was too ill to go but he'll have my bloods and my MRI results - enough to tell him whether the original tumour has gone, or metastasised into different places. I don't feel too confident, but I should sleep tonight; I've learned to sleep when I can as I await these results. I'm exactly halfway through the R-CHOP therapy + Methotetraxe treatment so he should have some idea as to how I'm doing.

I keep telling myself that I've been here before, but I haven't - that was a far easier to treat cancer; this is something quite different.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-05-2018, 06:57 PM

Dreamy, I can see you are worried, and I hope and pray, that the tumour has not grown.
Do be careful though, I would not want to read that you have had another fall.
At least you see the consultant, and you can relate these concerns.
You remain as always in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

21-05-2018, 07:09 PM

TBH, Sweetie Pie, I'm ready for a hospice, if not soon, then at least this year. I'm having difficulty managing the ten or so steps that lead up to my house. The only time I'm truly content is when I'm asleep.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 07:13 PM

Ffosse, it could be the effects of the chemotherapy on your body.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-05-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
TBH, Sweetie Pie, I'm ready for a hospice, if not soon, then at least this year.I'm having difficulty managing the ten or so steps that lead up to my house.
Oh, I remember my Mum saying that to me, it has made me sad. But, they are wonderful places, you should try and visit one first. My Mum was still taken to the hospital, for treatment from the hospice.
It is, of course, your decision. Keep us posted, and sleep on this decision unless you have given it considerable thought.
Either way, I will support you. x

Page 91 of 276 « First < 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top