Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:59 AM

Should we Limit or Stop Having Children.

BBC Radio3 is having a debate about it. What do you think? Are there too many of us? What's your opinion?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...n_contentcard2
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:02 PM

Re: Should we Limit or Stop Having Children.

A step nearer to dictatorship.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:04 PM

Who's "we" and "us"?

Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:07 PM

In some countries where a boy is the desired choice of offspring, newborn girls are killed or were aborted.

This could be the result if limits were placed.

Yet on the other hand I resent tax dollars given to single women who choose to procreate producing a kid a year to up the payout.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
In some countries where a boy is the desired choice of offspring, newborn girls are killed or were aborted.

This could be the result if limits were placed.

Yet on the other hand I resent tax dollars given to single women who choose to procreate producing a kid a year to up the payout.
I agree with you there, Adanac - that goes on over here as well.

I have no objection to people having as many children as they want - as long as they can afford to feed, clothe, house and take full responsibility for them.

I do object to my taxes paying for other's illegitimate brats.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:18 PM

With the World population increasing by approximately 80M per year, something needs to be done although I'm not sure how it could be enforced. Eventually we will run out of food and space to live.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
With the World population increasing by approximately 80M per year, something needs to be done although I'm not sure how it could be enforced. Eventually we will run out of food and space to live.
There are some idiots that think this is what the space program is about....we are all going to live on another planet
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
An ad for water aid says their aim is to end the water problems in Africa by 2030

I'm amazed they dare say this with the population explosion as it is...total speculation and day dreams.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:34 PM

UK birth rate: Number of children being born in Britain hits 10-year low

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8066101.html

There were 774,835 live births in the UK in 2016, the lowest rate since 748,563 live births in 2006 and down from a peak of 812,970 births in 2012, new data from the Office for National Statistics show.

Although the population is still growing overall – there were 597,206 deaths recorded – the new data show the demographic decline in certain parts of the UK such as Scotland where there were 54,488 live births and 56,728 deaths.

This is at the lowest point since 2006 when 55,690 babies were born – and 55,093 deaths – with the rate peaking in 2008 at 60,041 live births compared to 55,700 deaths.
So "we" in the UK are doing our bit for population control .....
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:54 PM

I think this applies to most of Europe. Also OECD countries generally. Not much we can do about the others except by encouragement and advice where applicable.

Generally the more children a country can afford, the fewer it has. Where women have a genuinely free choice (and it does depend on women's choices) they usually choose to have fewer children anyway.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top