Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 11:00 AM

Re: Laptop overheating?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
PUPs are often described as harmless!

That is a myth.

They are programs.

So are viruses (Viri?)

Pups are put on your PC to do things, like screwing with your search engines, counting and collecting usage activity.

They are not called by the name "Virus" probably because anyone who calls them such could be liable for prosecution.

However, putting a PUP in there could, actually, be a way of holding the door open for a virus which could arrive soon after & such that neither the PUP or the Virus shows up as harmful.

Personally I get rid of them as soon as they are found.

If I didn't ask for it, didn't want it, why should I let it remain on my PC?
I agree.

My 'Premium Trial' of Malwarebytes regularly picks up PUPs and quarantines them. Whenever I receive a report of them, I delete them.

However, it appears that I have 'only two days remaining of my trial'. Actually, I never asked for a premium trial; I searched for the free version of Malwarebytes. Hopefully, as I expect, after the free trial period has expired, the free version will remain.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top