Join for free
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 07:22 AM

Re: Missile Strikes launched against Syria tonight

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Do please tell, what war were we fighting in 1923 - Hmmm???
You should read your own links, might give you a clue.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 07:47 AM

I repeat, do please tell who were we at 'war' with in 1923???

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/apr/19/iraq.arts
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 10:35 AM

Do please tell, what war were we fighting in 1923 - Hmmm???
Joe, now you're making even more of a fool of yourself.

What year is it now? 2023? Oh no! It's 2018 isn't it?

A hundred years ago would have been 1918 then, wouldn't it? No, come on now, put your calculator away. I've worked it out for you.

1918, of course, was when the First World War ended.

You went to the Diane Abbott School of Mathematics, didn't you?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Joe, now you're making even more of a fool of yourself.

What year is it now? 2023? Oh no! It's 2018 isn't it?

A hundred years ago would have been 1918 then, wouldn't it? No, come on now, put your calculator away. I've worked it out for you.

1918, of course, was when the First World War ended.

You went to the Diane Abbott School of Mathematics, didn't you?

Are you going to be prat all your life??? - Churchill attacked the Syrians and the Iraqis AFTER the end of WW1 in 1923!!! - so having now spelt it out for you explicitly, tell me and everyone else who reads this forum, just who we were supposed to be at war with in 1923 - hmmm???
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 11:11 AM

I am afraid UJ is right after the break up of the Ottoman Empire it was devided up into various mandates by the Allies .
I don't think Iraq was called Iraq in those days .
We did bomb them in order to put down Arab uprisings.
It was a brutal time
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 11:21 AM

We've constantly been meddling and bombing, arrogance on our part thinking we have a better way than they do.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We've constantly been meddling and bombing, arrogance on our part thinking we have a better way than they do.
Westminster seems to think it has the right to police the world along with the US...As you say Julie....Sheer arrogance.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 12:23 PM

Are you going to be prat all your life??? - Churchill attacked the Syrians and the Iraqis AFTER the end of WW1 in 1923!!! - so having now spelt it out for you explicitly, tell me and everyone else who reads this forum, just who we were supposed to be at war with in 1923 - hmmm???
I think you're losing your marbles. Try reading back before posting.

Judd and I were talking about the First World War in which poison gas was used.

I never mentioned the Middle East in 1923, and I don't think Judd did either.

Personally, I have no interest in who we were fighting in 1923, though I believe it is spelled out in the extract from your favourite left wing rag, the Grauniad, which you supplied.

If you already read the article, why do you need me to tell you the answer?

Ah, I get it: you can't read long sentences!

Honestly! Here's me trying to help you and you're calling me names!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-04-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am afraid UJ is right after the break up of the Ottoman Empire it was devided up into various mandates by the Allies .
I don't think Iraq was called Iraq in those days .
We did bomb them in order to put down Arab uprisings.
It was a brutal time
I wasn't talking about that, was I?
But for clarification:

The only independent country that has ever existed in Israel has been Israel in the ancient times. It was a "territory" occupied by many empires all which gave it different names, never calling it as part of the occupying country, always referring to it as territory of the Empire. The first time since the Romans that it was called Palestine was at the Paris Peace Conference after WW1 when France and England were dividing up the conquered Ottoman Empire. Then all of what is now Jordan as well as Israel Gaza and the West Bank was named Palestine. Shortly after that England partitioned Palestine to create Jordan giving almost 80% of Palestine to Arabs. The remainder of the British mandate of Palestine was later divided again into 2 countries by the UN, one called Israel and the other called Palestine, however the Palestinian country never was realised because the Arab leadership rejected the partition.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-04-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Westminster seems to think it has the right to police the world along with the US...As you say Julie....Sheer arrogance.
I must agree.

We are no longer 'the world's policeman' and haven't been since the end of the Second World War.

I've said before that we should take a leaf out of Switzerland's book and keep our noses out of other people's problems.

Switzerland is a very rich and successful country. Very little or perhaps no poverty in that country because they look after themselves and try not to look after the whole world.

All that we have achieved in trying to act like we still rule a quarter of the world is to encourage the world to laugh at us!

Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top