Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 06:33 PM

Re: I wonder if it's taught in schools

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Im also pretty certain that Schindler's list has been put on the curriculum of compulsory viewing/reading
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's a strange choice of literature to represent the Holocaust.
I'd welcome it being part of the curriculum.

It not only demonstrates what happened at that time, but also confirms that not all Germans supported it.

Just as not all Brits support Labour's anti-semitism.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by muddy ->
only one of an anti semitic inclination would have felt the need to add that last sentence .israel has never made the holocaust an excuse for doing anything .
The present government is protecting its citizens from being overrun and murdered by its terrorist neighbours .
There will always be someone wanting to make a scapegoat of the jews ( and israel is full of jews ) but israel is not going to let another genocidal lot loose on its people .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do you think Twink the British people would have allowed their neighbours to be shipped off in cattle carts ?
To be beaten in the streets and made to wear yellow stars ?
I hope that we would have been better than that.
I think many German people did try to help them, but it wasn't just Jews that suffered, although they were treated worse than others.
Hitlers racist attitude , that anybody who wasn't a "true German" were an inferior race, encouraged him to create special security forces. If the British were in the same position, I wonder how many would have risked their own lives to support people that had migrated here?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think many German people did try to help them, but it wasn't just Jews that suffered, although they were treated worse than others.
Hitlers racist attitude , that anybody who wasn't a "true German" were an inferior race, encouraged him to create special security forces. If the British were in the same position, I wonder how many would have risked their own lives to support people that had migrated here?:102:
I agree Twink...

https://www.ushmm.org/outreach/en/ar...uleId=10007727

Homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Romany gypsies, political "enemies of the state...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 06:58 PM

****Please note: Some posts have been removed.
Can people please stick to discussing the topic without resorting to personal abuse
Thank you..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I agree Twink...

https://www.ushmm.org/outreach/en/ar...uleId=10007727

Homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Romany gypsies, political "enemies of the state...
Yes they were that doesn't diminish the industrial scale of the genocide of the Jewish people an event unique in the history of the world.
It was the systematic eradication of a people .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Israel is behaving in some ways like Hitler, where the Palestinians are concerned. Not supporting Israel's behaviour does not make me anti-Semitic, anymore than if I didn't support something Britain had done would make me anti-British.
Israel is not in any way whatsoever behaving like Hitler.
Any comparison of Israel with Hitler is anti semitism .
There are 'Palestinians ' all over the Middle East
Only the Palestinians who are so-called oppressed by Israel get media attention .
The ones oppressed by Lebanon, Kuwait, Egypt and Syria and who are being bombed by Syria get nothing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

21-04-2018, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Hitlers racist attitude , that anybody who wasn't a "true German" were an inferior race, encouraged him to create special security forces. If the British were in the same position, I wonder how many would have risked their own lives to support people that had migrated here?
Twink the Jews were Germans they were not immigrants .
As were the French , Italian Polish and all other European Jews they had lived in Europe for hundreds of years .
Would we have rounded up our Jews and meekly sent them off to Germany to the gas ovens ?
It happened in Guernsey where British police handed over four young women who subsequently went to Auchwitz.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by muddy
Would we have rounded up our Jews and meekly sent them off to Germany to the gas ovens ?
It happened in Guernsey where British police handed over four young women who subsequently went to Auchwitz.
Oh Muddy don't play that old record again for gawd's sakes pleeeeeeeeease!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

21-04-2018, 08:25 PM

Why on earth do people not like facts ?
If we don't learn from what has gone in the past how will we learn ?

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top