Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 11:49 AM

Favourite Breed

I have a very comical Bichon Frise, they have such wonderful characters and one of my favourite breeds.

As a huge dog lover it's very difficult to choose a particular breed as my favourite because I love them all, but, although I have never owned one I have a special affection for Boxers, Shitzu and Huskies, Boxers for the playfulness, Shitzu for there cuteness and Huskies for their beauty. As a family pet I prefer the breeds that don't moult hence me having my Bichon but I really would love to own one of those two, perhaps in the future, who knows.

What breed of dog is your favourite/s.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 11:55 AM

Re: Favourite Breed

We don't have a dog at the moment but plan to get one in the near future. I agree that it is so difficult to say what my favourite breed is. Obviously character comes into it as well as looks.

My favourites are:

Cavapoo
Cockapoo
Miniature Schnauzer
Staff
Wolfdogs
Boxers
Bedlington
To be honest, I can't stop......
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 12:21 PM

Always been a spaniel lover, with Cockers being top of the list and have had two in my life

However the list of breeds I love is endless

IF I was to get another dog though it will be a rescue of any breed
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 12:30 PM

Having kept them and having known so many, for me it has to be the flatcoated retriever. I hope this breed never gets "spoilt" by thoughtless breeding and exploitation. You need to have the stamina, tolerance and a similar mindset to this wonderful breed and if you can be patient you will end up with the most versatile and magnificent of dogs.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 01:26 PM

I've never owned one either but have always been around many.
I love most breeds, big and small
But the ones thst seem to like me the most are..
Staffies, Jack Russells and Welsh Border Collies
Is that because they are affectionate breeds anyway?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 01:35 PM

My biggest love for many years was these -

But as am not as young as I used to be, it is now these -

But I do like a few other breeds too.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 02:36 PM

1) Germany Shepherd.
2) Jack Russell.
3) Rhodesian Ridgeback.
4) Border Collie.
5) Chocolate Labrador.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 02:57 PM

I love, Poodles, Black Labradors and Flatcoated Retrievers.

I have owned all of those breeds.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 05:00 AM

I've only had dogs from the RSPCA and they've all been the Blend breed and very naughty.Our latest is part Kelpie.On the go 24/7.I don't know whether she's making me old or keeping me young.Only time will tell.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 07:40 AM

I always said if I got a dog it would be a champagne poodle it's never happened though because I have always had cats.

I always just got regular moggies from The cat protection league and would never have bought a pedigree because there are so many cats needing homes and I thought there was no differences between a moggy and a pedigree, that is until my son presented me with a full grown Main Coon Rag Doll cross called Sox.

I can now say my favourite breed of cat is Sox she is the most adorable friendly intelligent cat I have ever known.

So I hope you dog lovers don't mind but my favourite breed is a Main Coon Rag Doll pussy cat

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top