Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 11:10 PM

Re: Cats Cafe

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My DIL took my eldest granddaughter to the Kitty Cafe in Nottingham for her 8th birthday during the Easter Holiday. She loved it .
Yes, that's the one, and all the serving wenches wore cats' ears on their heads!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 12:02 AM

I love cats which is why I don't approve of these places. It's not a great environment for a cat and seems a cynical exploitation of animals. Cats don't always like each other and they don't usually like lots of strange people coming and going in their territory or cooing at them. I don't know what sort of outdoor space they have for these cats, but I hope they have a big garden that they can go to. The RSPCA have been critical of this new fad.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I love cats which is why I don't approve of these places. It's not a great environment for a cat and seems a cynical exploitation of animals. Cats don't always like each other and they don't usually like lots of strange people coming and going in their territory or cooing at them. I don't know what sort of outdoor space they have for these cats, but I hope they have a big garden that they can go to. The RSPCA have been critical of this new fad.
I agree Annie and wasn't impressed by my Grandaughters visit.
I would worry the cats would get out onto the busy road.
Cats are also territorial and can 'bully' one another when confined in a small space. It doesn't look a suitable environment for cats to me and just a gimmick.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Has anyone visited the ' Cats Cafe '?Ive no idea where it is, but recently my friend daughter went there. Apparently you have to book in advance.She said it was very intersting,the cats wander free you can stroke them but not allowed to pick them up
YUCK that is so unhygienic!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
YUCK that is so unhygienic!
Yes that too ...
I have been told I am 'over particular '
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 09:19 AM

There is one in Edinburgh - the cats have their own space in a large room next to the cafe.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 09:24 AM

I'm a cat person, I love cats and I have always lived with them but I have to admit I'm not sure about the concept of a cat cafe?

I love to see a hotel cat or a dog in a pub that sort of thing that seems natural to me but to use cats as a marketing ploy in an unnatural environment....I'm not sure about that.

There is also the hygiene to consider too....hmm I will have to think about it...not sure to be honest.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would worry the cats would get out onto the busy road.
Cats are also territorial and can 'bully' one another when confined in a small space. It doesn't look a suitable environment for cats to me and just a gimmick.
They have very effective access controls. When you arrive, you enter what in effect is an 'airlock'. The reception desk is in the same room, and they will not unlock the interior door until the outside door is locked.

The cafe is certainly not a small space and, what's more, the cats we saw seemed perfectly happy with the place and with each other. We saw no fighting or bullying and all the cats appeared to be perfectly healthy. In fact, you could compare it to how 'house cats' live.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm a cat person, I love cats and I have always lived with them but I have to admit I'm not sure about the concept of a cat cafe?

I love to see a hotel cat or a dog in a pub that sort of thing that seems natural to me but to use cats as a marketing ploy in an unnatural environment....I'm not sure about that.

There is also the hygiene to consider too....hmm I will have to think about it...not sure to be honest.
The one near me you have to wash your hands before and after visiting the cats - it's not like they are in the cafe.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 08:27 PM

Has anyone heard about/visited 'The Cat Cafe 'in London.?You have to book in advance to have Tea/Coffee/Sandwiches there.They look after several rescue cats which they will tell you the history of, and you are allowed to stroke them .My friend and I plan to visit when the weather improves

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top