Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 11:07 AM

Lady in White

Anybody been watching this?

I have really enjoyed it and the thought the acting was really good. Awful last night when they put her in a mental home in a straight jacket.

It is the last episode tonight - 9pm BBC1.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 11:44 AM

Re: Lady in White

Is that an adaptation of the Wilkie Collins novel. Mups? If so I will watch for it coming out on DVD - the book was thrilling!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Is that an adaptation of the Wilkie Collins novel. Mups? If so I will watch for it coming out on DVD - the book was thrilling!

Morning Tabs Yes, it's adapted from the Wilkie Collins novel. I bet you'd enjoy it if you liked that story.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 12:37 PM

There's me thinking that it would be something along the lines of 'The Lady in Black', a horror film!

We watched the first episode, for a short time, until I found it nothing more than boring.

Marge likes it, though, and is still watching it. I did find the bit about the woman in the straight jacket mildly interesting, but that was it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-05-2018, 12:49 PM

Perhaps it's more of a woman's type story do you think, JBR?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Perhaps it's more of a woman's type story do you think, JBR?
No doubt!

What my wife calls a 'human interest' story.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:01 PM

I watched the first episode but like JBR, l also found it boring and a bit odd.

It just isn’t my type of programme, l’m afraid.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-05-2018, 02:41 PM

I've always liked the 'period' type programmes.
I know there is violence and treachery in it, but I still prefer it to all the swearing, guns, and car chases in so many other things now.

I think we have far too many American films/series shown too. So many of their films are the same I find. Car chases, squealing tyres, people hanging out of car windows shooting each other, etc.
I reckon even if it was an American cookery programme, they'd still fit in a car chase somewhere.

Perhaps it's just me, but it really gets on me wick.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-05-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've always liked the 'period' type programmes.
I know there is violence and treachery in it, but I still prefer it to all the swearing, guns, and car chases in so many other things now.

I think we have far too many American films'series shown too. So many of their films are the same I find. Car chases, squealing tyres, people hanging out of car windows shooting each other, etc.
I reckon even if it was an American cookery programme, they'd still fit in a car chase somewhere.

Perhaps it's just me, but it really gets on me wick.
You're right.

Most of the American films of that sort are so predictable. The star and his mates will always end up fighting, the main man will come out on top and then they'll all be friends again.

The goodies' guns never miss and never run out of bullets, unlike the baddies' guns.

Clearly, it's what American audiences like, but to me it's all too shallow and not worth watching.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 03:27 PM

The book was far from boring !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top