Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 07:13 PM

Re: Those Pesky Welsh?

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
You mean Google was wrong??
How can this be?!
I am sure that one of the three wise monkeys on here will be able to help you there, Actually there are probably four or even five wise monkeys here!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Sorry don't under stand the topic title and your post.

Are you stating that Welsh sheep are worth more because of their Welsh Farmers?????
Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Welsh farmers are whinging Poms is the point he is trying to make, I think, but didn't they all vote to leave in Wales?
Apart from the Welsh being ethnic poms the point was not about whinging it was about Brexit, subsidies, and trade deals and how difficult the whole process will be with so many conflicting interests.

This was a bit of a clue:

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

I thought it an interesting take on Brexit and potential trade deals.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 02:55 PM

Nearly Purwell!
Twll tin pob Sais
Touché
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 06:35 PM

Nearly Purwell!
Twll tin pob Sais
Purwell.......Ever the 'Nearly Man'
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am in Hughenden, in central Queensland; this is the heart of sheep and cattle country.

On the local TV news was an item about a Welsh farmer with a few dozen sheep who is worried about a trade deal with Australia because he fears it might be the end of his subsidised lifestyle when the EU stops paying him to produce lambs and he has to compete against Australian and NZ lamb.

A local Queensland farmer was interviewed and said that he didn't know about the economics of an EU subsidy but he said such farmers had little to fear, "Australian meat world wide is the Rolls Royce of meat and doesn't compete against small, cheap local sales." he then said, "When the Japanese and Chinese pay $100 a kilo what would a Welsh farmer have to fear?"

I thought it an interesting take on Brexit and potential trade deals.

I have his quote pretty right but probably if you search the Australian ABC News web site you might find it.
I think it's a convoluted way for you to have a pop at the UK.

The Welsh will innovate in order to exploit new markets.

As for Beef!!

If you think the scrawny , scrub fed cattle in Australia is by any way comparable to Scottish, grass fed, Mountain stream watered Aberdeen Angus you are having a Giraffe!

UK farmers have nothing to fear from Oz and you will soon be able to taste the difference yourself.

Perhaps your cattle farmers should convert to Palm Oil production now whilst they still have a chance!

The Brits Are Coming......Watch out World. lol!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I think it's a convoluted way for you to have a pop at the UK.

The Welsh will innovate in order to exploit new markets.

As for Beef!!

If you think the scrawny , scrub fed cattle in Australia is by any way comparable to Scottish, grass fed, Mountain stream watered Aberdeen Angus you are having a Giraffe!

UK farmers have nothing to fear from Oz and you will soon be able to taste the difference yourself.

Perhaps your cattle farmers should convert to Palm Oil production now whilst they still have a chance!

The Brits Are Coming......Watch out World. lol!
Hi

The facts do not substantiate your post.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Purwell.......Ever the 'Nearly Man'
Were you born ignorant, or did you practice?
Moscow
Scotland

11-05-2018, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The facts do not substantiate your post.
Your post does not substantiate the effort it took to compose it !
Moscow
Scotland

11-05-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Were you born ignorant, or did you practice?
That was 'Nearly' funny,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top