Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 09:14 PM

Bob & the Deer

We have a Muntjack deer come into the garden next door every day , which is overgrown & neglected,my son throws an apple over for it,as the fence is picket fences it can see ito our garden and it & Bobs tare at each other,it isnt the least bit bothered by a big dog standing there, it probably realises he cant get to it
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 10:58 PM

Re: Bob & the Deer

How nice to be able to see a deer that close...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 07:40 AM

WE dont have Munjac up here, so i was surprised how small they are when i encountered one at Minsmere. But great its so tame.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 07:43 AM

Very common here as we are less than 20 miles from Woburn Abbey where they were introduced in early 20th century.
We see them regularly on our way to work when on early shift.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 08:00 AM

When it comes to attracting the opposite sex Yorkshire has it's fair share of show offs that's for sure...driving over the Cow and Calf in last year's rutting season a massive red stag wondered out right in front of me...what a creature and didn't he know it

Wish I had had a camera at the ready
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Very common here as we are less than 20 miles from Woburn Abbey where they were introduced in early 20th century.
We see them regularly on our way to work when on early shift.

Oooohhh, Venison steaks for Dinner then Comrade - luverly grub!!!!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 09:48 AM

There are a fair few Muntjacs here. There used to be a good number of Roe deer as well but thanks to some unsavoury characters who, a couple of years ago, hunted them with dogs and brought down at least half a dozen of them their numbers have dwindled, which has had the effect of allowing the Muntjac numbers to increase.

We see them often in the mornings, they aren't really bothered about humans or dogs unless they get chased.

This is one we regularly see...

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 04:37 PM

That's just wonderful, Deylon! I am sure you and Bob are thoroughly enjoying your visitor.

I wonder what they think about each other.

Looking forward to the updates.

Nicol, thank you for the photo - we don't get muntjacs here, so I appreciate a picture of the fellow!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 08:26 PM

How could you suggest such a thing Uncle Joe,our deer is lovely I could never imagine trying to eat it:She //it has not long been back for her evening meal of Peanuts & an Apple She/it will be back about lunch time tomorrow for another top up to her diet of leaves
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
How could you suggest such a thing Uncle Joe,our deer is lovely I could never imagine trying to eat it:She //it has not long been back for her evening meal of Peanuts & an Apple She/it will be back about lunch time tomorrow for another top up to her diet of leaves

The reason they are around now is that many years (centuries) ago they were bred as a food source. I see no reason to deviate from that policy, since we breed cattle and sheep for the same purpose. I happen to like Venison - its a very tasty meat!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top