Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 12:45 PM

Re: Stormy seas ahead

Things have calmed down now we're almost there. A smooth ride along the Welsh coast now. And thankfully my sea legs are as good as they have always been
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Things have calmed down now we're almost there. A smooth ride along the Welsh coast now. And thankfully my sea legs are as good as they have always been
Glad you're almost there problem free, Ania
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 06:02 PM

Glad to hear you made it through okay
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 06:13 PM

You managed ok, then. Was it really bad - it sounds as though it was. I once went on the ferry and it was choppy, wasn't sick but was a bit weak and wobbly!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 09:12 PM

Actually it wasn't that bad, but interesting to see the number of sick bags placed in every available place! I was fine, fortunately. Been on the road for most of the time since, with a stop at a big Tesco to get all sorts of things that are much cheaper here - coffee, wine, dog food and the like. I had to laugh when the check out girl commented that I seemed to be doing some "industrial shopping" with my dozen packs of filter coffee, dozen bottles of wine etc. I did try to explain...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 09:45 PM

Glad you made it over ok, you were lucky. Most of the Ferries up here were cancelled for today..
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

21-10-2014, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Glad you made it over ok, you were lucky. Most of the Ferries up here were cancelled for today..
I heard that. And also that the Skye bridge was closed to all including pedestrians. Fortunately the Severn Bridge stayed open when I needed to cross it.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 02:11 PM

Actually it wasn't that bad, but interesting to see the number of sick bags placed in every available place! I was fine, fortunately. Been on the road for most of the time since, with a stop at a big Tesco to get all sorts of things that are much cheaper here - coffee, wine, dog food and the like. I had to laugh when the check out girl commented that I seemed to be doing some "industrial shopping" with my dozen packs of filter coffee, dozen bottles of wine etc. I did try to explain...
They were well prepared for any eventuality, by the sound of it - Blimey, didn't realise it was quite as expensive as that, I always thought people were exaggerating, obviously not. Enjoy your purchases...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

22-10-2014, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
They were well prepared for any eventuality, by the sound of it - Blimey, didn't realise it was quite as expensive as that, I always thought people were exaggerating, obviously not. Enjoy your purchases...
Sadly, it is not exaggerated. When I moved back here I calculated that taking lower pay and higher cost of living into account I was probably between 30 and 40% worse off. But while working I could still afford it. And with endless new and rising taxes as well as high motoring costs, utilities etc I fear that I may not be able to stay where I am for as long as originally planned. But I'll see how long I can afford it before facing the prospect of having to move.
cranberry
Notts, UK

22-10-2014, 06:00 PM

It would be a shame to have to move if you're really settled though - Eire is paying for past mistakes, I expect, just like here in the UK!
I am determined to get there one day, my family came from County Mayo. If I do get there I will have to bring everything I need, otherwise I'll need to rob a bank!!!....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top