Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 04:32 PM

Re: Excessive ??

I agree about the CAB and with Steve about `numpties` I once got a HUGE gas bill. There is a difference between a cubic metre(or meter???) and a cubic foot-don`t even ask how they confused two different systems of measurement
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 08:02 PM

Thank you for all your advice which i duly passed on, she has had some success already, after ringing the company they partly admit to a mistake and concur that they actually owe her £400, the monthly tarif is still being negotiated, what kind of idiots are they,
Thanks again.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 10:27 AM

Well done her!! At least she can negotiate from a stronger position now because it seems madness that they still want to increase her monthly payments. Why doesn't she just put the money in separate account each month and pay the bill when it comes? We started to do this a few years ago and have always had enough saved from the summer to cover the winter bills.
I would imagine she feels a bit happier and a lot less anxious now...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 10:40 AM

I get a £12 reduction on each fuel by paying by direct debit. Not a lot I know but it buys me a couple of bottles of gin from Aldi !
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by billclay ->
Thank you for all your advice which i duly passed on, she has had some success already, after ringing the company they partly admit to a mistake and concur that they actually owe her £400, the monthly tarif is still being negotiated, what kind of idiots are they, Thanks again.
Glad to hear that Bill.

Pity they don't think their behaviour warrants a bit more of a grovelling apology though! stevmk2

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top