Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 11:45 AM

Re: Mobile phone.

Mine's a basic Nokia too ... I never go anywhere without it !!!

I use it as an alarm clock as well.

Julie ... you are a naughty girl !! You should always have it with you ... now go and find it and make sure it's charged !!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 12:00 PM

Found it, on charge now looking at where I found it must mean last time I used it or took it with me was Easter weekend
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 12:03 PM

Well done Julie ... don't forget it when you go out
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 12:12 PM

I'll do my best is best I can offer LOL
tyrell
South Eat England
tyrell is male  tyrell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 06:03 AM

I have a Basic phone, like me I'd recommend you buy a SIM free phone, then you can get a SIM to go in it, choosing from the vast choice of tariffs out there either pay as you go or monthly. I have a Virgin SIM card in mine on a £5 a month tariff which is ample for calls and texting. I don't use my phone for internet browsing.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 08:06 AM

That's worth thinking about - thanks tyrell.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My hubby has never used a mobile phone in his life - he says he doesn't want one but I think he ought to have one for emergencies. I think he'll accept one if I get him one but it will have to be dead basic and simple. - Oh and cheap!

Any suggestions/recommendations/ gratefully received.
Personally don't understand your hubbies attitude - it was OK when mobiles were expensive to run but nowadays they cost peanuts. Better to ditch the landline or get VOIP and use the mobile as your only phone because it is much cheaper and it goes where you go.

I am amazed at the number of seniors at my club who pay over $50 a month for their land line and a mobile phone 'just for emergencies'. They could get a mobile phone for $39.95 a month with unlimited calls and unlimited texts as well as 4Gb of Internet access. Makes no sense at all. It is even more absurd now that the NBN is coming.

For me my phone is also my shopping list, my calendar, my appointments book, my email, my street directory, my GPS, my alarm clock, my camera, my ferry, bus and train timetable, TV Guide, weather forecaster and much more. Wouldn't leave home with out it
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Personally don't understand your hubbies attitude - it was OK when mobiles were expensive to run but nowadays they cost peanuts.
He's just so old fashioned - he doesn't use a computer or a credit card either.

Reckons he's managed all these years without such things.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Personally don't understand your hubbies attitude - it was OK when mobiles were expensive to run but nowadays they cost peanuts. Better to ditch the landline or get VOIP and use the mobile as your only phone because it is much cheaper and it goes where you go.

I am amazed at the number of seniors at my club who pay over $50 a month for their land line and a mobile phone 'just for emergencies'. They could get a mobile phone for $39.95 a month with unlimited calls and unlimited texts as well as 4Gb of Internet access. Makes no sense at all. It is even more absurd now that the NBN is coming.

For me my phone is also my shopping list, my calendar, my appointments book, my email, my street directory, my GPS, my alarm clock, my camera, my ferry, bus and train timetable, TV Guide, weather forecaster and much more. Wouldn't leave home with out it
Bruce, people don't want to ring mobile numbers from their landlines. Plus the fact many of us don't want dongles for internet access, preferring the landline connection for broadband.

Yes, my land line is getting ridiculous, but it's a necessity.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 03:20 AM

Jazzi, I am on Virgin for my Internet and I don't have a phone connection. I think they are the only ones (at the moment) who have this service..
I also have a basic Nokia that I've had for years, it's a great wee phone if you don't want it for anything other than an emergency phone. Mine has been in the drawer for a while now as I have my daughter's old Iphone 4 and once I got used to it I loved it. I use it all the time, for just about everything.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top