Join for free
Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 02:50 PM

Re: split posts from Brexit sections thread

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I hope you enjoy it Tedc. I am afraid I would find a discussion boring, if everybody agreed with me, because surely discussion is about exchanging different ideas?
I think the Pro forum will develop into a number of debates/arguments about how best we get Brexit done.

We might fight over how we achieve the best Brexit but we don't have to worry about those who just want to Naysay it by pointing out how stupid we must be.
I still think it's worth a go.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I know!
But if you have an urge to say something to one of the posters you have nowhere to say it!
Except here...
I shall just have to curb My urges and stick to blowing raspberries at the laptop screen.........for now.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 03:14 PM

Hi

I have no intention at all in posting in either the pro or anti Brexit Groups.

I voted for Brexit, however I have great concerns about how it is going.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I think the Pro forum will develop into a number of debates/arguments about how best we get Brexit done.

We might fight over how we achieve the best Brexit but we don't have to worry about those who just want to Naysay it by pointing out how stupid we must be.
I still think it's worth a go.
I hope you are right, but it seems that those who voted to leave will wait until the terms of leaving are made public.... because I doubt that any of us have sufficient knowledge to put forward realistic suggestions, as nobody has ever left the EU before.
I always think that we just need to deal with article 50 and then all pull together, no matter which way we voted, so we can help this country achieve it's best.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 07:02 PM

I'm surprised to see that Flicker hasn't posted on the Anti-Brexit threads!

I'd have thought that section would have been tailor-made for her.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 07:30 PM

Ive seen a couple of queries in the pro forum no one can answer the questions because we aren't allowed in there. Madness.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ive seen a couple of queries in the pro forum no one can answer the questions because we aren't allowed in there. Madness.
No problem; we can discuss it here.

My view of the Lords trying to put a stop to Brexit is that if they do go ahead they will likely be signing their own death warrants. Well, not death exactly. Perhaps the end of their free country club and their generous attendance allowances.

'Tarzan', in fact, was one who was publicly threatening to vote against Brexit.

Regardless of how the Lards vote, though, I am of the firm belief that the 'upper house' is an anachronism and has no place in a modern government.

It should be replaced immediately with an elected body of no more than 100 members.

All the money saved could go to the NHS.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm surprised to see that Flicker hasn't posted on the Anti-Brexit threads!

I'd have thought that section would have been tailor-made for her.
No JBR, from what she said she wanted discussion ( Probably so she could demonstrate her "I'm in charge" teacher attitude.) She couldn't do that if everybody agreed with her!
I think the rest of us made our opinions clear, but sadly her arrogant superiority would not allow her to discuss them.
Not somebody I would wish to discuss things with because she is too far up her own a..e!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-02-2017, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
No JBR, from what she said she wanted discussion ( Probably so she could demonstrate her "I'm in charge" teacher attitude.) She couldn't do that if everybody agreed with her!
I think the rest of us made our opinions clear, but sadly her arrogant superiority would not allow her to discuss them.
Not somebody I would wish to discuss things with because she is too far up her own a..e!
That makes sense.

Of course, she could join the Pro-Brexit group and argue against it there!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

27-02-2017, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That makes sense.

Of course, she could join the Pro-Brexit group and argue against it there!
She has to give valid reasons for joining the Pro Brexit..... so her first post would demonstrate she was in the wrong group.

Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top