Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 11:55 PM

Re: 4 More Years Of Labour Council Cuts

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
not much Council can do.
So why aren't we seeing articles for lots of other city councils who are equally imposing 4 years of cuts?!

Sheffield is a LOONEY LABOUR council. Therein lies the difference.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
So why aren't we seeing articles for lots of other city councils who are equally imposing 4 years of cuts?!

Sheffield is a LOONEY LABOUR council. Therein lies the difference.
More bullshit!
This is a snip from The Guardian earlier this year, shows ALL councils are struggling.
Some local authorities may be forced to declare technical insolvency in the next two years, experts have said, as councils struggle to weather the financial pressures caused by budget cuts and growing demand for social care.

A survey of councils in England and Wales by the Local Government Information Unit (LGIU) thinktank found that three-quarters had little or no confidence in the sustainability of local government finances and more than one in 10 believed they were in danger of failing to meet legal requirements to deliver core services.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
More bullshit!
This is a snip from The Guardian earlier this year, shows ALL councils are struggling.

But no link we can read for ourselves.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 10:01 AM

More bullshit!
Interesting not just labour then. I'm not surprised our local council has had all sorts of problems and they aren't Tory.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 10:46 AM

More bullshit!

Yeah. Your article also goes on to explain:

"Almost all councils are preparing to raise council tax and increase or introduce charges in areas such as car parking, planning applications and garden waste removal, while two-thirds are dipping into reserves to balance the books."

In other words it's a case of managing the business and services. Being careful with available funds, using it wisely.

The Looney Labour council at Sheffield appears to be hitting it's own staff hard and as the original article I linked to clearly explains:

"No other authority in the UK has launched such a prolonged attack on its own workforce".

"As well as the real terms pay cut imposed by the public sector pay cap, Sheffield council workers would have their annual incremental pay increase slashed and would be forced to take extra unpaid leave."

And let's be realistic about the stuation here. All of these funding cuts are having to be made, and have had to be made for some years now, because of the decimated position that Labour Loonies BLiar and Brown left the company in before the UK got wise to their antics and ousted them from power. Brown pretty much bankrupted the entire country with his arrogant bully boy establishment mentality.

The UK populous will not allow that to happen again.

Looney Labour is unfit to govern.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 10:49 AM

You do realise how that sounds ? You moan about labour now, you moan about labour few years ago, but you use same language each time. They are very different animals. But you don't see any difference.

You aren't looking very closely IMO just looking for an excuse for a rant.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You do realise how that sounds ? You moan about labour now, you moan about labour few years ago, but you use same language each time. They are very different animals. But you don't see any difference.

You aren't looking very closely IMO just looking for an excuse for a rant.
Well, you vote for the Loony Party if you want. You have a free choice.

But don't moan about it if they get in.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-08-2017, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, you vote for the Loony Party if you want. You have a free choice.

But don't moan about it if they get in.
Oh I will don't worry. I want a very different society from many of you and labour is more likely to give me that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Oh I will don't worry. I want a very different society from many of you and labour is more likely to give me that.

Some people never learn!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-08-2017, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Some people never learn!
Well as we haven't ever tried what I want we will learn a lot I think.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top