Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:32 AM

Re: Trump's 'state' visit

But...

Neath Port Talbot council pointed out that UK government advice states: “We have confirmed with the US government that British passport holders (regardless of country of birth or whether they hold another passport/nationality) aren’t affected by the executive order.”

A statement by Boris Johnson at the end of last month in the House of Commons, when he said: “We have received assurances from the US embassy that the executive order will make no difference to any British passport holder, irrespective of their country of birth or whether they hold another passport.”

So in this case it sounds to me as though the officials detaining him got it completely wrong.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Cam ->
Is the Tower of London still in good operating order?
One hopes so, it might be needed!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:37 AM

Seems i was responding to a deleted post
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
But...

Neath Port Talbot council pointed out that UK government advice states: “We have confirmed with the US government that British passport holders (regardless of country of birth or whether they hold another passport/nationality) aren’t affected by the executive order.”

A statement by Boris Johnson at the end of last month in the House of Commons, when he said: “We have received assurances from the US embassy that the executive order will make no difference to any British passport holder, irrespective of their country of birth or whether they hold another passport.”

So in this case it sounds to me as though the officials detaining him got it completely wrong.

And even if they didn't, do we know all the facts? It is not beyond the realms of possibility that a Muslim holding a British passport could be an extremist. What is allowed to be published in the media, and what really goes on could me a world apart.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

And even if they didn't, do we know all the facts? It is not beyond the realms of possibility that a Muslim holding a British passport could be an extremist.
What is allowed to be published in the media, and what really goes on could me a world apart
If only everyone thought as we do OGF!!
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Are they not 'British Values' to protect ones citizens and help society to flourish?
I don't think so OGF...those values are held by every state, culture, religion and national leader. They just do it in different ways.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 12:38 PM

Brits should be appalled that a schoolteacher born and spending all his life in the UK is subjected to this discrimination.

If you allow this then you give the US carte blanche to deny all Muslims from anywhere the right to travel to the US...and that is contrary to the First Amendment of the US Constitution as well as any document having to do with human rights.

He had been given a visa. Surely that is where any suspicious details re discovered...I have just filled such an application out myself. If he was OK to go when given a visa he should be OK to enter the US. That is what a visa is.

And of this is the US govt running like clockwork, pull the other one. It clearly is not.

To honour such a "leader" is just embarrassing.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Respect isn't granted automatically, it has to be earned, and at the moment he has done nothing to earn my respect - he's a despicable mysogonist racist and I want nothing to do with him.
One salutes the RANK not the person.Any one with former Military Service know's that.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Brits should be appalled that a schoolteacher born and spending all his life in the UK is subjected to this discrimination.

If you allow this then you give the US carte blanche to deny all Muslims from anywhere the right to travel to the US...and that is contrary to the First Amendment of the US Constitution as well as any document having to do with human rights.

He had been given a visa. Surely that is where any suspicious details re discovered...I have just filled such an application out myself. If he was OK to go when given a visa he should be OK to enter the US. That is what a visa is.

And of this is the US govt running like clockwork, pull the other one. It clearly is not.

To honour such a "leader" is just embarrassing.
Simply put we don't want to be overrun with immigrant's,refugee's,any one else that is going to be a burden on our Social Services.We have enough Deadbeat's,We have millions of Illegal Mexican's,that are Taxing that system now,with fake document's.Enough is Enough.
We know Trump and he will err,but so far he has Kept his word on his Campaign Promises,That alone is Rare.But he isn't a Professional Politician.
The liberal's will whine and cry as always,as they are Never Happy anyway.F#%@ em.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

22-02-2017, 02:15 PM

Six

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top