Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2012, 03:34 PM

Re: Are women worse drivers than men?

Yes

...........and No
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2012, 08:21 PM

women might not have as many accidents as men ....But they CAUSE a lot more ..
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2012, 11:15 PM

Men AND women can be bad drivers, it's all about anticipating other drivers movement and being considerate.
Women tend to have their mind on things other than concentrating on the road ahead. Christmas Shopping for example & Holidays. Men's greatest fault is intolerance.

I don't drive. I lost my license due to ill health.but I was a brilliant driver,latterly clocking up 40,000 miles per annum plus and a total of 35 accident free years.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2012, 11:42 PM

may not do 40000mls a year but driven daily since 1966, 46yrs no accidents no speeding, 2 parking fines.No I'm not a little old lady who poodles along, nor an old woman racer just a normal driver and yes I can reverse park an 8str people carrier. A male friend was surprised I could drive from Bristol to Manchester with no stops, in heavy rain, high winds and mist, which I thought was rather condescending of him.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2012, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Men AND women can be bad drivers, it's all about anticipating other drivers movement and being considerate.
Women tend to have their mind on things other than concentrating on the road ahead. Christmas Shopping for example & Holidays. Men's greatest fault is intolerance.

I don't drive. I lost my license due to ill health.but I was a brilliant driver,latterly clocking up 40,000 miles per annum plus and a total of 35 accident free years.
Eh? I never have had anything on mind when driving and in a very safe way, and that really is a very sexist remark, chuck.

However, and this is not about driving per se but, this afternoon I noticed that my rear right tyre was down a bit, but I drove home, knowing something wasn't right as the car was "dragging," but I had to get home.

Anyway, I got in it again an hour later to go to the shop, which is only about half a mile away, but I can't manage the walk up the hill these days, and when I moved off I just knew it was flat as a pancake, so I turned back.

I asked next door neighbour if he had a foot pump, which he had, but it was only going up to 15lb. He'd no jack since he got rid of his car, so he couldn't put my spare on for me, but he was very kind trying to help me.

By now I'm panicking, so I rang for a taxi (I know - don't say it) to nip me to the shop, and he waited for me. The fare was £3.50 but I gave him a fiver and bless him he said he'd come back tomorrow and, if it hadn't been sorted, he'd do it for me.

Still panicking I rang my brother, who lives 10 miles away, but he couldn't come as he'd had some wine so couldn't drive, but he asked if I was a member of the AA or RAC! Duuuuhhhh! Of course I am, so I rang them and a nice man came to change it this evening, so I was flapping about nothing, but it hadn't occurred to me that they'd come out just for a flat tyre.

Talk about feeling daft!

Yes, I did have a spare, and no, I couldn't change it myself 'cos am too little and not strong enough physically.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2012, 08:40 AM

O.K, some stupid road designer caused a bottleneck on my way to work everyday, by creating a short section of two lane road that at the end has arrows in the outside lane guiding cars back into the inside lane at which point there is a set of traffic lights. In general, people sit patiently in the queue at the lights in the inside lane knowing there is nothing to gain by going down the outside lane and pushing in at the front, but inevitably some people do not like waiting, and use the outside lane. I make a mental note of who is doing this, and what they are driving.
The demographic seems to be females, aged 22-40 ish, driving chelsea tractors (Audi Q8s, Range Rover Sports etc etc), this ain't bad driving as such, more an insight into their mentality, and how they display an attitude of self importance.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
O.K, some stupid road designer caused a bottleneck on my way to work everyday, by creating a short section of two lane road that at the end has arrows in the outside lane guiding cars back into the inside lane at which point there is a set of traffic lights. In general, people sit patiently in the queue at the lights in the inside lane knowing there is nothing to gain by going down the outside lane and pushing in at the front, but inevitably some people do not like waiting, and use the outside lane. I make a mental note of who is doing this, and what they are driving.
The demographic seems to be females, aged 22-40 ish, driving chelsea tractors (Audi Q8s, Range Rover Sports etc etc), this ain't bad driving as such, more an insight into their mentality, and how they display an attitude of self importance.
Funny we have the same thing here, off dual carriageway into one lane drivers in outer lane are mainly men in newish cars or van drivers. I had an argument on Sunday with a Landrover on an island, I was on it he wanted to be and for some reason thought I was going to let him pull out in front of me and (due to the volume of traffic which was queuing to get into rugby stadium) block my way off the island onto the motorway (which I was quite clearly indicating was my intention) when he realised I was not going to be bullied he shook his fist at me judging from the movements he was swearing too, but being the lady I am I only waved (just 2 fingers really) at him and continued on my way. Pi#l#ck!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2012, 10:30 AM

Good Morning Hazel
It is definately lady culprits here, I normally would be soul searching to see if I was allowing any sort of prejudice to cloud my judgement, but fortunately the wife makes the same journey in the passenger seat and has reached the same conclusion.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

16-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Good Morning Hazel
It is definately lady culprits here, I normally would be soul searching to see if I was allowing any sort of prejudice to cloud my judgement, but fortunately the wife makes the same journey in the passenger seat and has reached the same conclusion.
not doubting you spitty but pointing out different sexwise, up here it's definitely men, cos women go out earlier to drop kids off and do some shopping fore going to work.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

16-11-2012, 11:37 AM

On my way home a couple of weeks ago, I had to negotiate a notoriously busy roundabout that is controlled on all exit points by traffic lights. The traffic had backed because of the time of day, so although my traffic lights showed green, there was no point in proceeding because common sense dictated that to do so would mean being stuck in nomans land at the next change of lights thus stopping traffic wanting to enter the roundabout from the left, the gap I had left to facilitate traffic flow was soon filled by the impatient woman who was behind me who came round (in her 4x4) and blocked the island off. I take it the lady had an I.Q of over 100, but this didn't stop her showing a modicum of common sense.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top