Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2013, 10:16 PM

RIP my dear sweet Bonnie

Lost my Bonnie a few days ago, she was taken ill whilst out walking. Vet couldn't do anything for her. So its been a very sad and strange few days trying to come to terms with it and for the first time in 16 years I am dog-less.

I did this collage 6 months ago for her 15th birthday, I don't think I've posted it before.

Bonnie's words from 6 months ago:

When I was a small puppy I lived with a couple in a flat but there wasn't a lot of space there and I was so bouncy and naughty as well as being demanding that they gave me away to a couple on a barge boat. I'm sure they breathed a huge sigh of relief. But alas this was not to last either as I was a bit scared of the boat, ok, truthfully, I was Petrified of the boat, well I was only a puppy, well a big puppy by now. After a short while my new owners decided to send me to a rescue place to be rehomed. It must have been my lucky day as when the lady from the rescue place came to collect me, little did I know that the lady with her was to be my new mum for the rest of my life. I must have been on my best behaviour as she took me home with her to meet Tessa and the cats. I was 9 months old at the time and this was to be my third home so I had my paws crossed that she would keep me. I think she thought that she'd bitten off more than she could chew for the first few days as it took a while for me to get into the new routine but I was so happy there and I had Tessa to run around with and play. On top of that she took us on some fantastic walks and I was getting 3 walks a day, how cool was that.

My mum says she's had so much fun with me over the years and I've made her laugh lots with my antics. She wasn't laughing when I chased a horse though and unseated the rider. I got told off for that. Well the horse did just appear from around the corner! That's my excuse anyway. Those were the days when I used to love rolling in smelly stuff like fox poo, my poor mum really had her work cut out in trying to make me smell nice again. I used to lead Tessa astray too and get her to roll in smelly stuff, hee hee. I love balls and sticks, well I am a collie. She's always telling me that humans were put on this earth to play with me, this is sooo true! Even now I'm a little old lady I still expect a little playtime and woe betide my mum if she forgets. Ok so my eyesight and hearing has faded quite a bit as you'd expect and I'm on medication for my back legs but I still enjoy going for walks as long as its mainly on the flat and if there's water around, that's even better. I don't swim anymore, never was really that keen on it, but I like to stand in the water and watch my mum try and find a little twig to give me. I like the fact that she runs around after me for a change, hee hee. She says I'm a little treasure which is sooo true.

She's telling me to stop waffling .... so here I am, one photo for every year of my life. Hope you like the last one of me with the ball in my mouth. Mum's been trying to get one like this for a while but I keep dropping it, hee hee. Anyhow she says it suits me, hmm don't know whether to take that as an insult or compliment. I asked her very nicely to include one of my dearest best friend Tessa as well as if it hadn't been for her then I would have ended up at the rescue place.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2013, 10:19 PM

Re: RIP my dear sweet Bonnie

How very sad...

Our pets take our hearts and then they break our hearts, but they enrich our lives in between.

R.I.P Bonnie.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2013, 10:23 PM

Oh Marian, I am so very sorry you have lost your beautiful girl.

She was so special and I always admired the photos of her that you posted on the forum.

Thinking of you, take care ... *hugs* xx

Sleep tight, bonnie girl .... xx
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2013, 10:28 PM

Very sad. I'm so sorry.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2013, 10:30 PM

That is so sad to hear Marian, you must be heartbroken, my sympathies are with you and take care of yourself.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2013, 11:10 PM

Marian I am so sad to hear your news. Bonnie was a beautiful dog and I loved sharing your photographs of her.

It is fitting that her last time with you was spent walking the countryside that she enjoyed so much.

Sleep well Bonnie, you will be missed by your friends....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2013, 11:36 PM

So very sorry Marian, all us dog lovers will have a good idea what you're going through. She looked a beautiful girl and she would have known how much she was loved. x
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2013, 12:21 AM

My dear friend, I've been thinking about you since Friday when your darling Bonnie died and I know how desperately sad you're feeling. I broke my heart when I heard she'd died because I know how close you were.

It is so hard to lose a beloved pet, especially one that's captured your heart for 15 years. I know how that feels.

Try not to be too sad though lass. Your Bonnie knew how much you loved her, and it's obvious by the look in her eyes on the photos that she adored you.

She'll be scampering around with Tessa now, getting up to mischief again.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2013, 12:26 AM

so sad..... anyone who has loved and lost a beloved pet will know exactly how you are feeling....they ask for nothing but love...and i'm sure your bonnie got lots of that...
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2013, 07:21 AM

So sad to here your news ...... your story brought tears to my eyes as I have walked in your shoes to many times ..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top