Join for free
Page 5 of 19 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 06:33 PM

Re: The 'Don't Worry Be Happy' Thread.

OOps something went wrong with my big grin smilie!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
OOps something went wrong with my big grin smilie!
Don't worry, we all knew you were smiling
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Yes my Robin has just arrived but I am afraid they are not always friendly to other birds. He comes to nibble on the fat balls hanging in my tree and so far today, he has chased away 1 great tit, 2 blue tits and a whole family of long tailed tits, plus a tiny wren that didn't seem interested in the fat balls. I am sorry if my post makes you sad, but I did think it would make Kenny happy knowing that there are so many tits in my garden.
Tits Twink?
Particularly the blue ones.
Now you're talkin'!
They make me very happy.

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Do you have any hedge hogs, moles, badgers or other animals grunting around your garden?
Just asking!
No hedgehogs ... or moles. I think they struggle with the steep roads and hard crappy clay soil. I live in old mining country ..on a slag heap (complete with a few capped tunnels and buried miners). My garden is on a slope .. and it's slithering downwards a bit more each year.

However, in summer when I'm trottering around watering my plant pots it's not unusual to see little mice scurrying about inbetween the pots ... and a few frogs in my posh pond (upside down old black bin lid). They're nice.
There are more ferocious furry critters. I once heard a growly hissing noise, looked up and a squirrel was glaring at me and giving me the evil eye from the bungalow roof. and then there was the rats ... but the neighbour cats waged war on them and I just slung them in the bin each morning.

I fell in my water butt once too .. but that makes me sound silly so I shall say no more about that except if I hadn't got a big bum to act like a cork I'd have been well and truly sunk.

Yup . I love my little garden.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
No hedgehogs ... or moles. I think they struggle with the steep roads and hard crappy clay soil. I live in old mining country ..on a slag heap (complete with a few capped tunnels and buried miners). My garden is on a slope .. and it's slithering downwards a bit more each year.

However, in summer when I'm trottering around watering my plant pots it's not unusual to see little mice scurrying about inbetween the pots ... and a few frogs in my posh pond (upside down old black bin lid). They're nice.
There are more ferocious furry critters. I once heard a growly hissing noise, looked up and a squirrel was glaring at me and giving me the evil eye from the bungalow roof. and then there was the rats ... but the neighbour cats waged war on them and I just slung them in the bin each morning.

I fell in my water butt once too .. but that makes me sound silly so I shall say no more about that except if I hadn't got a big bum to act like a cork I'd have been well and truly sunk.

Just gonna have me evening meal, and watch telly Morty.
Will reply better later.

Thank you.

Kenny X
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 11:46 PM

I am happy Kenny--just had a nice chat with a good friend-always makes me feel better. xxxx
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

13-03-2016, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Yes Morty.
If only people would really study what is going on around them in the garden and in general nature, then there is more enjoyment there than people realise.

I wish I could have been there when you dunked your rear end in your water butt though. Water butt is the right word and all!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

13-03-2016, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
I am happy Kenny--just had a nice chat with a good friend-always makes me feel better. xxxx
I am happy that you are happy Marian.
Yes, talking to a good friend can make all the difference if one is feeling down.

Good night and sweet dreams to you.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

14-03-2016, 01:09 AM

I found this very nice news which I hope makes you feel good...

There are thousands of rescue animals waiting in shelters, hoping every day to be welcomed into their forever homes, and to get a second chance at life.

Steve Greig has adopted more than 10 dogs and several farm animals -- all of whom are seniors!

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/1...d-Farm-Animals

Currently, his home in Denver, Colorado, houses 10 dogs, a pig named "Bikini" who thinks she's a dog, two chickens, two ducks, two pigeons, a couple of cats (who live in the garage and are on mouse duty), a rabbit and a pond full of koi.

I wasn't expecting to see Morty there though!

Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

14-03-2016, 10:57 AM

Good morning all.
The Sun is shining here in lovely Rhos On Sea, and it looks like a lovely day is in store.
I do hope that nobody peeking at this thread is worrying about anything today.
Please don't worry.
Be Happy!

We are off to hospital soon as my missus has to have her mouth X rayed because of teeth problems.
She is being sent there by our dentist.
And of course I have told her...
Don't worry, be happy!

Page 5 of 19 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top