Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 04:06 PM

Gun amnesty

People in England and Wales have two weeks to hand in guns, other weapons and ammunition to police stations without being punished for possession.

Now is the time to turn them in lads and lassies.

That's the way to do it America.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 04:21 PM

Re: Gun amnesty

Such a good idea, I'd like to see us do it annually then really crack down zero tolerance of knives etc. We've lost too many young men and women to knives.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 05:12 PM

It's been done before, did it work?

Yes, in as far as getting a few weapons from the public.....how many were from genuine collectors or deactivated/replicas?

I'm not sure if it'll work at the sharp end, the organised crime nuts....where a firearm is a necessary tool, a way of staying alive(in theory).

They're not going to give them up in the hope their rivals will too.

It's just another way of being seen to be active, imho.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 06:25 PM

Whoever the Police officer they interviewed was, she said the idea was to lower the guns out there that could end up in the hands of criminals, realising there wouldn't be a rush for criminals handing them in.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 06:48 PM

I should read the articles in full
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 07:01 PM

The right to bear arms is/was a fundamental element of the British Constitution.

Without it, a "Police State" can and will run rampant.

The USA, which is pretty much a police state already would I'm sure love to have an entire defenseless population so they can further their agendas without physical opposition. Imagine when they come knocking on your door to give you compulsory vaccinations and compulsory RFID tagging.

The USA is a population of armed civilians, the vast majority of whom are law abiding and responsible. There will always be a rogue element in any country.

The US government continue the push to strip the population of its right to bear arms and defend itself. II fully expect more and more attrocities to occur such as mass shootings etc so that they can keep bullying their way to compulsory dearming of citizens.

When is a citizen permitted to defend itself? What does it take?

If we are at war with other countries, and the enemy attacks people here on our own turf, are civilians meant to lie down and be shot?

Whilst the enemy happily stabs and slashes civilians here, are the native people not permitted to defend themselves likewise? The situation is stupid.

Crime will persist regardless of what is done with knives and guns. The solution is not to remove knives and guns. The solution is to address the issues that are causing people to use such weapons. Poverty, drugs, drink, mental health etc
Bruv
Kent UK

13-11-2017, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The right to bear arms is/was a fundamental element of the British Constitution.
What constitution ?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
What constitution ?
It must be time for his colonic irrigation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 10:07 PM

We don't have a right to have arms do we ? I certainly hope not.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I should read the articles in full
I am embarrassed for him

I was just thinking that it must be whole week since we had a thread about guns, I must get some popcorn on the go and await the lofty explanations about guns and gun control from the resident ‘experts’

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top