Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:26 PM

Re: Grenfell Tower

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Do you read and actually understand posts?

Those that rented out to third parties wouldn't have been there.
Not necessarily. Do you have any evidence of any of this?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I find your post both condescending and offensive.

I have spent years of my life dealing with such things.

The UK has a very liberal Policy, too liberal in my view.

The fact is that none of those involved in Enforcement have anything at all against those genuine Refugees, in the case of Trafficked women and kids into the sex trade, we go the extra mile to protect them.

Illegals, nope.
Well I find the tone of this debate offensive and condescending to those who died or lost their homes and possessions. It's all blame and no sympathy. Just because you worked in the field doesn't make it ok to make assumptions and accusations in the case of this terrible tragedy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well I find the tone of this debate offensive and condescending to those who died or lost their homes and possessions. It's all blame and no sympathy. Just because you worked in the field doesn't make it ok to make assumptions and accusations in the case of this terrible tragedy.
Hi

I make no assumptions or accusationsat all.

Illegal letting is illegal letting, premises are designed to cope with evacuation for a certain number of people, go over that number, and there are problems.

Altering internal layouts and removing fire doors or closures, kills people.

What part of this do you not understand?

Get in the Real World, part of my PTSD is a house fire, the shadow of the littlies on the floor and walls huddling together because of the removal of Fire Precautions.

It is not something I would wish on anybody.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

20-12-2017, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I make no assumptions or accusationsat all.

Illegal letting is illegal letting, premises are designed to cope with evacuation for a certain number of people, go over that number, and there are problems.

Altering internal layouts and removing fire doors or closures, kills people.

What part of this do you not understand?

Get in the Real World, part of my PTSD is a house fire, the shadow of the littlies on the floor and walls huddling together because of the removal of Fire Precautions.

It is not something I would wish on anybody.
The part I don't understand is jumping to conclusions and heaping judgement on people who have either died or lost everything when we have not been presented with the factual outcome of the official inquiry. It is up to building management to ensure residents adhere to fire safety regs. But the inquiry will flush out who was negligent.

In as far as subletting is concerned, it is down to the landlord or management agency to make regular checks for evidence of excess habitation.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 03:55 PM

Not necessarily. Do you have any evidence of any of this?
No, I'm using your preferred methods of outlandish claims..

Ok, go on then.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gr...hrome&ie=UTF-8
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

20-12-2017, 04:03 PM

So "evidence" from blogs, daily heil or similar threads on other forums? Let's wait until the outcome of the inquiry and then you can crow to your heart's content.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
No, I'm using your preferred methods of outlandish claims..

Ok, go on then.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gr...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Perhaps she hasn't worked out how to use Google.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 04:20 PM

Being an illegal immigrant doesn't make you a bad person, nor does it mean you can be burned to death in inadequate housing. Some illegals have been here years thinking they are legal only to find they aren't, or are really asylum seekers that have due to our system been unable to claim asylum.

We had a case locally a lot of us supported a lady brought here as a small child, when she was 45 she applied for benefit as she had cancer and couldn't work only to find she was illegally here.

I was distraught at the idea a lady who had worked so hard all her life could be removed because of something her uncle did when she was 2 years old. She had to take shelter in a church in the end !

She eventually left the country because they took her children and that was only way to get them back. I'm not sure what she did in her home country as she didn't speak the language have any money or know anyone there ! Disgusting way to treat a human being IMO
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Being an illegal immigrant doesn't make you a bad person, nor does it mean you can be burned to death in inadequate housing. Some illegals have been here years thinking they are legal only to find they aren't, or are really asylum seekers that have due to our system been unable to claim asylum.

We had a case locally a lot of us supported a lady brought here as a small child, when she was 45 she applied for benefit as she had cancer and couldn't work only to find she was illegally here.

I was distraught at the idea a lady who had worked so hard all her life could be removed because of something her uncle did when she was 2 years old. She had to take shelter in a church in the end !

She eventually left the country because they took her children and that was only way to get them back. I'm not sure what she did in her home country as she didn't speak the language have any money or know anyone there ! Disgusting way to treat a human being IMO
'Illegal' means 'against the law'.

In my opinion, doing something that is illegal is bad.

So by that definition, being an illegal immigrant IS a bad thing.

If those illegals were not there, committing illegal acts, they would never have been burned to death.

They should all be removed from this country immediately, and if you believe that I am a heartless bastard, you're right.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 05:31 PM

The part I don't understand is jumping to conclusions and heaping judgement on people who have either died or lost everything when we have not been presented with the factual outcome of the official inquiry. It is up to building management to ensure residents adhere to fire safety regs. But the inquiry will flush out who was negligent.

In as far as subletting is concerned, it is down to the landlord or management agency to make regular checks for evidence of excess habitation.

Hi

The sharp end.

Have you ever been there or have any idea at all what it entails?

Ever picked up body parts?

Ever seen the trauma of trafficked women and kids?

Ever been attacked by those who do this?

If not, shut up.

You rely on those who have to protect you.

I will take no end of stick from those on here who have been there , done that, much braver than me.

I will not take any stick from those who have have spent their lives pushing pens.

The nearest they have been to any Trauma is an argument about the time of the next meeting.

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top