Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:15 PM

Re: It is nice to say "thank you"

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I was the same with my two children Tess .... now I always receive lovely letters or cards from my grandchildren after birthdays or Christmas ....
Hi Mags, thanks for posting. I agree, if we teach our kids or grandchildren, they usually always do it from then on.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
That takes me back i used to sit with my kids as they wrote little thankyou notes, they always used little quotes from TS Eliots Old Possums Book Of Cats

I know a cat who makes a habit of eating nothing else but rabbit and when he's finished licks his paws so not to waste the onion sauce.

Daft the things that stick in your memory
Oh my gosh, that is so cute Summer, I love cats.....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

20-05-2018, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Its polite to thank someone isn't it, I like to give thank you cards and I usually write my heartfelt thanks down in words, sometimes I express myself better with the written word. I always thank the driver when getting off a bus, you can tell most really appreciate those two simple words.
Lion, I agree, the bus driver appreciates it when you thank him. Sometimes he might just be having a bad day and you thank him, and it cheers him up.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

20-05-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t let go of the item until they do!
Smart Arty
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

20-05-2018, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Hi Bluey, good to see you back again, hope your health is gradually improving.

I say thank you all the time, to everyone!!

Thankyou for starting this nice thread
Aww gee Ruthio, you are very welcome, how nice of you to say that.

Yes and my health is improving and thank you for caring.

(Maybe someone should start a thread on "Please", haha)
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:22 PM

Was it anything specific that improved your health or just letting time take its course?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

20-05-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Was it anything specific that improved your health or just letting time take its course?
It wasn't anything too important Ffosse, I just had bad problems for the last two months with having cataracts removed. It turned out that I was allergic to all the drops he was giving me.....and I couldn't put them in as I would throw up constantly, so I ended up with an infection and now I am on other antibiotics to fix that problem. the antibiotcs are for 7 days, then I should be well and the eyes are not hurting anymore.

I sure had problems seeing tho Ffosse......don't ever want to get blind.

Thank you for asking about me Ffosse. That was nice of you.
Blue x
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 09:17 PM

I think it's important to say thank you,i gave a kenwood chef,to my son's girlfriend, as she loves to bake,and has always wanted one,..i have just received a text,thanking me so much for it,..and that's the "young generation "!...lol.,,my son also thinks it's very important to say thank you,it goes a long way.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
It wasn't anything too important Ffosse, I just had bad problems for the last two months with having cataracts removed. It turned out that I was allergic to all the drops he was giving me.....and I couldn't put them in as I would throw up constantly, so I ended up with an infection and now I am on other antibiotics to fix that problem. the antibiotcs are for 7 days, then I should be well and the eyes are not hurting anymore.
Sounds like a nightmare Blue. Glad you're no longer in pain. Over here they do one eye at a time so you always have one good eye.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 09:57 PM

I remember, when we were children, on Boxing ay morning - immediately after breakfast, we had to sit down and write 'thank you' notes to everyone who had given us Christmas gifts. My brother is no longer around but I still send little notes to people - for gifts, help with things, or little acts of kindness. It is called Good Manners - costs nothing - but it makes the world a better place!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top