Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2012, 11:28 PM

Re: England our england!

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Also I think that Roy Hodgson doesnt look as if Football is his sport,he looks like he is thinking "Do I have to watch this!
I agree - I wasn't keen when he was given the job, but he seems to have made some bad decisions so far (supporting the appalling John Terry for one) and today's match was no exception. It wasn't one of Rooney's better games, but he probably did more in defence than the defenders and when he was taken off it weakened the team seriously. The decision to play Defoe instead of Welbeck was equally mystifying - if the pitch had been dry and fast, then there may have been a point in playing Defoe, but it was like using a bike rather than a tractor to cross a ploughed field.
.....and please somebody tell me - what is the point of James Milner? He just seems to fill a space where a footballer might play.

Mick
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Vera and I could do a much better job,OK Bob.
Vera says she agrees Annie and I daren't argue in case I get a slap around the back of my neck LOL, must admit that Roy Hodgson does often look bewildered but I don't blame him really, the England set up is looking rather tawdry at present and MickB is quite correct with his comments but I still expect us to get to at least the quarter final stages (now there's patriotism for you!)
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 03:56 PM

Oh sod Patriotism Bob tell it how it is ..... They are RUBBISH.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 08:09 PM

Oh Annie, maybe rubbish but I still think they will qualify for the final stages (so does Vera LOL).
Be good lass!
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

15-11-2012, 08:22 PM

Last night's friendly match in Sweden was noticeable for the Four goals scored by Szlatan Ibrahamovich to sink England, his last one being a fantastic overhead kick from fully 35 yards out which saw the Three lions humbled 4-2, only a friendly but Roy Hodgson's first taste of defeat as national manager as he gave some of the young guns a chance to show what they can do at international level. One or two positives but plenty of negatives too, nothing new really!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2012, 08:55 PM

As you say Bob nothing new, probably more educational for the England team and management.
Let's hope they learn from it.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 09:59 AM

I have no interest in football whatsoever. I stumbled upon the topic because I figured it must be something to do with history.

BUT, what fun I've had reading the criticims of footballers, the comedy & sharp wit relating to their shortcomings.

My favourite is the withering "Whats he for?" line.

I might now watch the England versus Po Land match on catch up tv. All that sliding and slipping, poor buggers.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 10:01 AM

OOPS
I have exposed my ignorance now.

I have only just noticed the last post was in DEcember of 2012.

sigh..................10 months ago
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 10:29 AM

It doesn't really matter Robert - nothing has changed!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I have no interest in football whatsoever. I stumbled upon the topic because I figured it must be something to do with history.

BUT, what fun I've had reading the criticims of footballers, the comedy & sharp wit relating to their shortcomings.

My favourite is the withering "Whats he for?" line.

I might now watch the England versus Po Land match on catch up tv. All that sliding and slipping, poor buggers.
Robert, you can always watch England's World Cup qualifier match against Montenegro live on TV this Friday evening...

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top